Paint inside of freedom top

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Going to install a headliner in my JT. Was thinking about painting them first. Maybe with spray on bed liner. Any experiences or thoughts? Thinking bed liner may even add to sound deadening.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about doing the same thing. Finish blacking out the interior & a little extra sound absorption wouldn't be bad. Just gotta make sure to avoid anyplace where there is a weather tight joint as to not mess with the factory tolerances. Would hate to end up with extra leaks

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
It took a lot of taping off, but I finished painting mine black today. I think it turned out pretty good.
2AB26130-B8D7-4801-BDCF-2CB2912351E2.jpeg
Did you use bedliner? Rustoleum? I have used that on bumpers and when I raptor lined my TJ tub it helped to get into the areas that were hard with the undercoating gun.
Looks really nice! I assume Hotheads headliners would stick to the top after being painted?
Anyone ever tried using Lizard skin with with the ceramic beads in it for insulation purposes and for sound deadening? Would be awesome to have someone volunteer to be a guinea pig!

Sponsored

MAustin

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Underwater basket weaver
Did you use bedliner? Rustoleum? I have used that on bumpers and when I raptor lined my TJ tub it helped to get into the areas that were hard with the undercoating gun.
Looks really nice! I assume Hotheads headliners would stick to the top after being painted?
Anyone ever tried using Lizard skin with with the ceramic beads in it for insulation purposes and for sound deadening? Would be awesome to have someone volunteer to be a guinea pig!
I used Krylon Fusion. It took a surprising amount to get the paint to absorb. Each freedom panel took a full can. I think it was at least three cans for the back. From the feel of the texture, I think the headliners would still stick. My goal is to eventually get the headliners, so I may find out the hard way.