First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I use Android Auto, and even with top on and windows up people always say they have trouble hearing me during a phone call. Anyone else? Any fixes?
Sponsored

Pkoz

First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I am in the truck a bunch for work and often use the bluetooth function. Since I got the Gladiator, most everyone I talk to regularly notes how much louder it sounds (not in a good way) than my previous F150. I attribute it purely to the increased cabin noise (I have a hardtop), and have resigned myself to feeling there isn't much I can do about it.
I researched Hotheads, but many reviewers say the sound deadening aspect is overrated, and you should get it for the heat/cold insulating aspect mainly.
On the flip side, I note that on MY end, the sound is great, and I hear the caller crystal clear.
My latest "solution" is to carry a set of earbuds to plug into the phone when I know I'm going to be on a call for a longer period. Those on the other end noticed immediate results.
While frustrated that it has come to that, I knew that increased noise was a factor vs my F150.

Seansmd

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiaator Rubicon 2020, 2018 Audi SQ5, 1967 Camaro RS/SS
Occupation
Tech
Yup, i leave wired set in the truck for important calls. Ok around town, not at speed.

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I am in the truck a bunch for work and often use the bluetooth function. Since I got the Gladiator, most everyone I talk to regularly notes how much louder it sounds (not in a good way) than my previous F150. I attribute it purely to the increased cabin noise (I have a hardtop), and have resigned myself to feeling there isn't much I can do about it.
I researched Hotheads, but many reviewers say the sound deadening aspect is overrated, and you should get it for the heat/cold insulating aspect mainly.
On the flip side, I note that on MY end, the sound is great, and I hear the caller crystal clear.
My latest "solution" is to carry a set of earbuds to plug into the phone when I know I'm going to be on a call for a longer period. Those on the other end noticed immediate results.
While frustrated that it has come to that, I knew that increased noise was a factor vs my F150.
Mine has the Mopar headliners and people complain it's hard to hear me over the bluetooth
Sponsored