UConnect 8.4 and Phone Calls

Delong418

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone else have to have the volume cranked up all the way to have any chance of hearing phone calls via bluetooth and USB? Music/XM is no problem at all, only phone calls…
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone else have to have the volume cranked up all the way to have any chance of hearing phone calls via bluetooth and USB? Music/XM is no problem at all, only phone calls…
I have no issues. Make sure the in-call volume setting on the phone itself is turned all the way up.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
I agree it has to be one of your volumes in the phone...... But have you ever died of heat exhaustion while taking a call because it turned off your AC while on BT calls? :angry:

NateKY

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sarge Green
Occupation
Department of the Army Civilian
I have the same thing and the volume on my phone is maxed out.

OP
OP
Delong418

Delong418

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have the same thing and the volume on my phone is maxed out.
Same situation, phone volume is turned all the way up. This has happened across multiple iPhones, and had the same issue on an 8.4 in a loaner

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I agree it has to be one of your volumes in the phone...... But have you ever died of heat exhaustion while taking a call because it turned off your AC while on BT calls? :angry:
Mine doesn't do that, but I'm always connected with the USB cable.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
Mine is awful. I'm pretty damn tech savvy and have all of the settings right. I actually have people that tell me to call them back when I'm not in my Jeep because I have to ask them to repeat themselves over and over, and the road/background noise is horrible. I get asked things like "Are your windows down?" or "where the hell are you at right now?" Buuuuutttt..... I totally expected it; my JK was "ok" at best, then I went to an F150 which has a great cab for phone calls, and knew that going to the JTR wouldn't be near as good. Truth is, I hate talking on the phone anyways, so I'm not that concerned. As long as it works in emergencies, I'm good- work calls and chit chat can wait.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Mine doesn't do that, but I'm always connected with the USB cable.

I believe it turns the blowers off (or low) when ever a Bluetooth call is on. I can only make phone calls when stopped BC it is horrible wind noise on the other end. I have the 8.4" screen its a 2021 so maybe they changed the software. I also dont use that USB to charge as it is too slow.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe it turns the blowers off (or low) when ever a Bluetooth call is on. I can only make phone calls when stopped BC it is horrible wind noise on the other end. I have the 8.4" screen its a 2021 so maybe they changed the software. I also dont use that USB to charge as it is too slow.
It doesn't really matter how slow the USB charges. Try connecting it for calls with the phone mirroring enabled and see if it is any better. I usually need to turn the fan down to 3 or 4 during calls, so I can hear, but get no complaints from the other side.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I had problems on one phone call one time - the first spring I had it. IT was raining hard and I got a call and the lady said "it sounds like it's raining really hard there, why don't you call me back later".
The volume is fine - I finally figured out you could change it when on a call, so I did. (even the phone volume is context sensitive) so I got that figured out.

Doesn't matter much now since I use my bluetooth hearing aids for all phone calls - it can be storming and windy and it won't matter, but before I got them, the truck was just fine.

But charging? These must be .00000001 amp capable. Wow it takes forever and having the phone plugged in and using it for something - the Jeep can't keep the phone battery up while using certain apps on the phone.
Sponsored