Rearview mirror / bottom of glass separating

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Sport, 06 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 95 Wrangler Rio Grande
Wanting to see if anyone has had this happen to them. 2020 Gladiator Sport S. Standard mirror.

The glass on the bottom of my mirror appears to be separating. My Gladiator stays in carport, has been rained on a few times but nothing serious, just got damp. I've experienced this in a decades old jeep but not one this new. Plan on taking it in and seeing if this is covered under warranty. Just wanted to see if others have had this occur? TIA. Sorry for the poor picture quality!

Jeep Gladiator Rearview mirror / bottom of glass separating 20220808_174156
Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
nope, i think this is actually the first time ive seen this on the forum.

@AllMoparParts.com

all mopar can probably verify but if its not a warranty claim here is a link to the mirror.

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-inside-rear-view-mirror-68297610aa?c=Zz1nbGFzcyZzPWdsYXNzLWFuZC1pbnRlcmlvci1yZWFydmlldy1taXJyb3ImbD0yJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMmYT1qZWVwJm89Z2xhZGlhdG9yJnk9MjAyMCZ0PXNwb3J0JmU9My02bC12Ni1nYXM=

Ive modified my mirror so can vouch for it being really easy to swap.

Correct on the # Matthew

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Correct on the # Matthew

Thanks,
-Benny

Thanks Benny, I'll let you know. Will see if my dealer will warranty first. If they give me a hassle, I'll go another route. You'll be first one I contact! Thanks

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine too, on a 2020 sport. Not separating so much as staining and loss of refection in a 2 inch line at the bottom. middle I don't think they like simple Windex?? Maybe winest builds up and gets in back ir between the mirror?? Ain't like I leave it on it longer than 10 seconds?

Sponsored

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine too, on a 2020 sport. Not separating so much as staining and loss of refection in a 2 inch line at the bottom. middle I don't think they like simple Windex?? Maybe winest builds up and gets in back ir between the mirror?? Ain't like I leave it on it longer than 10 seconds?
Thought I may have been the only one. I've never used winded on my mirror. Have only used micro fiber cloths on it. I could understand if it's out in the sun and rain day in and day out. We'll see what the dealer says. Thanks

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE

Been awhile. Was finally able to get to the dealer and have this checked out. The mirror is covered and will be replaced under warranty. Has been ordered and now waiting to see how long before the new one comes in. I'll update when I get word. If anyone is interested that is lol.

nope, i think this is actually the first time ive seen this on the forum.

@AllMoparParts.com

all mopar can probably verify but if its not a warranty claim here is a link to the mirror.

https://parts.allmoparparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-inside-rear-view-mirror-68297610aa?c=Zz1nbGFzcyZzPWdsYXNzLWFuZC1pbnRlcmlvci1yZWFydmlldy1taXJyb3ImbD0yJm49U2VhcmNoIFJlc3VsdHMmYT1qZWVwJm89Z2xhZGlhdG9yJnk9MjAyMCZ0PXNwb3J0JmU9My02bC12Ni1nYXM=

Ive modified my mirror so can vouch for it being really easy to swap.
Correct on the # Matthew

Thanks,
-Benny

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is getting worse but I just hit 60K Plus miles. I am just going to buy a new one. I will post a pic soon.

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hate that for you! Hopefully won't hit your wallet too hard. I didn't ask what the price was, I should have.

Mine is getting worse but I just hit 60K Plus miles. I am just going to buy a new one. I will post a pic soon.

OP
OP
4xjeepr

4xjeepr

First Name
DON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mirror came in and was replaced under my warranty. Great to have a perfect mirror back in the JT and not have to look at that black band along the bottom.
Sponsored