Areyesme15

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Hello Everyone,

We recently picked up our Gladiator and are very excited to setup it up as an Overlander. We have been looking at all the bed rack options in the aftermarket and trying to decide what might be best for us.

While researching I was curious if anyone as considering mounting a RTT to the optional Trailrail cross bars, is it possible or even a good idea? Thanks all for the help.
Sponsored

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
Hello Everyone,

We recently picked up our Gladiator and are very excited to setup it up as an Overlander. We have been looking at all the bed rack options in the aftermarket and trying to decide what might be best for us.

While researching I was curious if anyone as considering mounting a RTT to the optional Trailrail cross bars, is it possible or even a good idea? Thanks all for the help.
I cannot imagine those have a proper weight limit for RTT + people. Perhaps look up the specs on them?

JeepApex

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport-S (Billet Silver)
Hello Everyone,

According to the Quadratec page on them, the "Maximum Vertical load capacity is 250lbs." And that is STATIC weight.

I would say that, on average, most RTT's are 150lbs. Unless you and whoever you camp with are under 100lbs, I would say it's a no-go.

OP
OP

Areyesme15

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
There is a very large variety of bed racks out there, find one you like the style/design of and go from there. Some are more tubular, like you linked with others more rugged. At the end of the day, you need to determine if you simply want a ’lift’ for your tent, or more of a rack. I think what you linked, is more of a lift for your tent.

Personally, I use the JCR Off-road rack and for the most part, I enjoy it.

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I will probably run the Truck covers USA tonneau cover with the rails. I am going to put a RTT on top of the rails, but the verdict is still out on which one I will choose.

Check out this thread for more info: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/truck-covers-usa-tonneau-pros-and-cons.24113/

There are some other folks who run the Diamond Back cover. I opted against that one because of the way it opens. I won't always run the RTT-- only when overlanding-- and I think the Truck Covers USA will be more convenient as a day to day tonneau.
Sponsored