OP

jfontain

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Depending on what brand/quality of aftermarket parts you get the sky's the linit with cost. Reliable /good aftermarket equipment might put you slighy over what you would've paid to get it from factory. My guess is that if you are not realistically buying this for any type of rock crawling, it really is a waste of $ to get the rubi. Because of the long wheelbase it's generally not a good choice for serious rock crawling anyway. You would need at least 42" tires in my opinion to get a decent breakover angle. I agree that the non rubi tire packages are pretty emabarrasing from the factory, but you can actually put 35's on the stock non rubicon models. For everyday driving they will be fine and not rub. Taken off road with moderate articulation, they will rub, but all you need is a 3/4 teraflex spring spacer front and vack and you're good to go. Those are pretty cheap. Rubi fenders are also pretty easy to find around here too. I put 33" tires on mine and The spacer lift and I think it's the perfect combo for daily driving. I drive from Fallbrook to UTC and I'm getting a solid 19-20 mpg's stop and go mileage is 16-17 mpg. Hope that helps. Love talking about this stuff!
Thank you, I appreciate all the info! I imagine the 4.10s are helping with the MPG, especially on the highways.
For gearing changes, is $1500-$2500 a realistic ballpark?
Do you guys have good shops in the area you recommend? I can turn a wrench for many upgrades, but am confident I'd need a shop for that level of modification.
Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I drove 40milea a day and average 290 miles a tank I have never gotten more that 16 mpg average ever.