Sponsored

SEMA 2023 Check out our Stewart & Stevenson M1079 LMTV (Featuring Jeep favorites) to be featured at SEMA

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
The ORACLE Lighting LMTV weighs in at over 18,000 lbs, and is powered by a 6.6-liter Caterpillar turbo-diesel engine mated to an Allison seven-speed electronic transmission. Massive 46-inch all-terrain tires crawl over almost any obstacle, and the rig is fitted with a central tire inflation system.

While the LMTV commands attention, to make it truly stand out we had to light it up with ORACLE Lighting products. The ORACLE LMTV features the smaller version of the Jeep JT favorite Oculus Bi-LED Projector Headlights in the 7" Bi-LED headlights for Jeep JK, as well as a ton of other ORACLE Lighting products. Products include Multifunction LED Plow Lights with Heated Lens & 7" Multifunction 60W Round LED Spotlights on the exterior as well as ColorSHIFT RGB+W Rock Lights featured in the back cabin plus much more.

For More information on the LMTV and to see some behind the scenes of the build check out our page HERE. If you will be in attendance, be sure to come check out our LMTV at the SEMA show in Las Vegas at the SEMA Overland Experience (Diamond Lot, adjacent to West Hall) and check out some new ORACLE Lighting Jeep Products at booth 20555 in the Central Hall.

Jeep Gladiator SEMA 2023 Check out our Stewart & Stevenson M1079 LMTV (Featuring Jeep favorites) to be featured at SEMA 1698338691039

Interior Cabin:
Jeep Gladiator SEMA 2023 Check out our Stewart & Stevenson M1079 LMTV (Featuring Jeep favorites) to be featured at SEMA 1698338721204
Sponsored

Redleg37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Sport, 13 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Clinical Chaplain
Having spent more time in an FMTV than I ever cared to, I can appreciate both how awesome and impractical this is. That engine will accelerate pretty fast if you aren't towing anything and don't have a lot of weight in the back.

I thought we had blinged ours out by adding a cigarette lighter power adapter to the back. Crappy wiring that sparked when it rained.

OP
OP
ORACLElights

ORACLElights

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive LED Manufacturer
Having spent more time in an FMTV than I ever cared to, I can appreciate both how awesome and impractical this is. That engine will accelerate pretty fast if you aren't towing anything and don't have a lot of weight in the back.

I thought we had blinged ours out by adding a cigarette lighter power adapter to the back. Crappy wiring that sparked when it rained.
We are planning on seeing what it can do in the Las Vegas Desert!

Redleg37

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Sport, 13 Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Clinical Chaplain
We are planning on seeing what it can do in the Las Vegas Desert!

The answer to “what can it do” is a lot. Depends on the driver. The ones I drove were mostly 6wd 5 ton versions. It was really difficult for a skilled driver to get them stuck on anything. I suspect your limiting factor (other than size) is going to be trying not to tip it over on inclines.

Avoid driving over concertina wire; it will wrap around the axles and give you a bad time.

Make sure your trailer breaks are released before you tow anything so you don’t set them on fire.

If you decide to add a couple hundred pounds of armor to the doors know that your hinges will sag and you will have to tie the door closed with 550 cord and your fuel mileage and engine performance will nose dive.

also don’t drive over IEDs or into donkeys, gate posts, or concrete trucks.

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
Having driven LMTV"s when they first launched in the early 2000's. living through the "dont go over 35 or they will break off a drive shaft and flip" era at Ft. Bragg...a driveshaft safety loop is your friend. Even if they fixed that issue.

i was told back in the day that the way the engine mated to the tranny put too much torque onto the shaft, and cause them to break off at the rear of the trans.

i like the rig though! Back in the day i turned that behind the seat compartment into a cooler with some Styrofoam sheets and bathroom caulk. As an 11b1p driving because of an injury i always made it a point to drive my old platoon, and they got free sodas and gatoraides every time.

Sponsored

ORACLE Terry

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Wrangler JL, Bronco, RAM TRX
Having driven LMTV"s when they first launched in the early 2000's. living through the "dont go over 35 or they will break off a drive shaft and flip" era at Ft. Bragg...a driveshaft safety loop is your friend. Even if they fixed that issue.

i was told back in the day that the way the engine mated to the tranny put too much torque onto the shaft, and cause them to break off at the rear of the trans.

i like the rig though! Back in the day i turned that behind the seat compartment into a cooler with some Styrofoam sheets and bathroom caulk. As an 11b1p driving because of an injury i always made it a point to drive my old platoon, and they got free sodas and gatoraides every time.
This brought a smile to my face. That is the sound of experience and kindness. It awesome that you'd bring even a little amount of joy to your team!! Thank you for sharing.

starrskream

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
This brought a smile to my face. That is the sound of experience and kindness. It awesome that you'd bring even a little amount of joy to your team!! Thank you for sharing.
haha thanks. Seriously, a driveshaft loop cant hurt only help you. Those behind the seat storage boxes make great coolers lol.
Sponsored