Sponsored

SiriusXM Favorites are Gone

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
On my Uconnect 8.4N I have a few favorite artists set up in SiriusXM so when one of my favorite artists comes on the air, I get an alert so I can tune to that channel and listen. Recently however it quit working. The favorite icon will show up on the top of the screen with an alert sound like normal, but it will disappear before I have a chance to click on it. When I go to browse then select my favorites on the air, it will show none playing. But I know favorites are playing because I can see them if I switch over to other channels AND they have the favorites icon next to them. Sometimes when I turn off the car and go in somewhere come back it works temporarily, and then will eventually go back to not working properly. All other radio functions work properly. I have tried a soft reset using different methods like pressing the phone/voice buttons, pressing the Vol/Tune buttons, pressing the upper right corner of screen but have not been able to get the radio to reset/reboot. An Op on another Jeep forum with the same problem. SiriusXM refered them to Uconnect who inturn refered them to the dealer. Op said dealership had to replace their entire Uconnect system. Seems a little over the top. Anyone have an issue like this and has anyone found a fix?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jhall1981

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Assembly Technician
On my Uconnect 8.4N I have a few favorite artists set up in SiriusXM so when one of my favorite artists comes on the air, I get an alert so I can tune to that channel and listen. Recently however it quit working. The favorite icon will show up on the top of the screen with an alert sound like normal, but it will disappear before I have a chance to click on it. When I go to browse then select my favorites on the air, it will show none playing. But I know favorites are playing because I can see them if I switch over to other channels AND they have the favorites icon next to them. Sometimes when I turn off the car and go in somewhere come back it works temporarily, and then will eventually go back to not working properly. All other radio functions work properly. I have tried a soft reset using different methods like pressing the phone/voice buttons, pressing the Vol/Tune buttons, pressing the upper right corner of screen but have not been able to get the radio to reset/reboot. An Op on another Jeep forum with the same problem. SiriusXM refered them to Uconnect who inturn refered them to the dealer. Op said dealership had to replace their entire Uconnect system. Seems a little over the top. Anyone have an issue like this and has anyone found a fix?
I have been having the same issue. At this point I have just deleted all the favorites.

Gargamel

First Name
Leonard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Service Writer
Little late to this but here is my experience

I have the same thing happening with mine. There is no fix, same happened with my ram truck and my wife grand cherokee. I know when its glitching because the favourites alert only stays up for about 2 seconds rather then about 10. I work at a dealer ship and a new headunit does fix the issue short term but always comes back. I did notice that it happens more when i make a short trip and the key cycles before the power system goes to sleep. Once its shut off long enough for the vehicle to do a sleep cycle it usually works normal again.
Definitely software related so hopefully its addressed at some point.
Sponsored