Sponsored

SiriusXM RADIO (Yes Please), but SiriusXM GUARDIAN....... thoughts?

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
My initial year for Guardian just expired...I think its useless and never used it. But now, I have this annoying notification pop up all the time about expiring and renewal. Any way to get rid of it?
Sponsored

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
I was onto XM, then Sirus years ago (2002?) and it was great. All blues channel, all comedy channel, etc... Then, things changed. The song rotation was shorter, the comedian rotation wasn't as "famous." It turned out that Sirus was shrinking all over. They have to pay Royalties and were cash strapped. I don't bother with it anymore, especially when I can stream from my phone to the dashboard. The only feature I ever used on a vehicle link was to start my car from the plane when I would land in an airport. Then, it was only a handful of times. So, it's all a "no" from me.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
I was onto XM, then Sirus years ago (2002?) and it was great. All blues channel, all comedy channel, etc... Then, things changed. The song rotation was shorter, the comedian rotation wasn't as "famous." It turned out that Sirus was shrinking all over. They have to pay Royalties and were cash strapped. I don't bother with it anymore, especially when I can stream from my phone to the dashboard. The only feature I ever used on a vehicle link was to start my car from the plane when I would land in an airport. Then, it was only a handful of times. So, it's all a "no" from me.
Fungus 53... Haven't paid for a month of their shitty service since they axed it for the all AC/DC channel like 11 years ago and Faction just wasn't (isn't? Last I listened it was mostly talk) the same. I've purchased a few new vehicles since then that always come with the service for 6-12 months and I've noticed the same thing... all the music seems to be the lesser live cuts and the content just doesn't have a great rotation.

Money is much better spent on Apple Music or Spotify or really, I still just buy my songs and archive them offline in case Apple ever decides I don't get the rights to them anymore. I don't listen to new music anyway so there's no reason to subscribe to services to keep up with it.

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
One perk of Guardian is the GPS tracking. I used the remote start/lock often pre covid. Start it as I pack up in the office and its warm by the time I get to it. Locking was nice for the time half way across the parking lot "wait did I lock my car?".

Then being in the city on that constant chance it's stolen, once you have a police report they will track it and can take officers right too it. Works well from what I have seen in my cities "Stolen" FB group. Luckily not had to test it myself...

I think guardian is worth it, but not the radio. Apple Music is my preference for that.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
I'm having issues with the vehicle reports and location features. They don't show up in the app, only the remote functions show up and work. Working with them to resolve.
mine only updated a handful of times in the year I had the service for free. whats strange is post service it still gives me an update once a month of vehicle stats.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

JoseQ_80

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport 80th Anniversary Bright White
Occupation
Highway Engineer
Issue was resolved thanks!

Puch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Electronics technician
So my JT purchase anniversary is this Sunday.......for the last month I'm getting a Sirius flyer in the mail every single day, and about 2 emails a day telling me my promotional subscription are ending. I am curious, for those who are already past 1 year, did you continue your GUARDIAN subscription, or just you RADIO subscription. I love XM Radio, and I will re-up for that, but I just don't know if I use any GUARDIAN features.......at least knowingly. What did you guys & gals do, and why?
I donā€™t use XM anymore. It doesnā€™t seem worth the money and I have always experienced frequent drop outs in reception. Same problem with the last 3 vehicles. It must be an issue with the area I live in?? Streaming music works much better for me. I use LiveXLive with CarPlay.
As far as Guardian, I had it on my 2019 Cherokee and it rarely worked and also not worth the $$.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Jeep Cares

Honestly I let the service lapse months ago. I think it might have been the fact that ATT ran the service. Their coverage is pure garbage in my area. Would be nice to disable the LTE modem though since I am not using it.

Butch-R-Vols

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland 3.0 Diesel, 2011 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
I just renewed my subscription for just the radio for $78.00/year. I still have time left on my 5 yr. subscription on travel link and travel plus so I'm good to go. Just negotiate with them and you will get a better price. Paying $385.00 per year for all their services is just insane. Never happen in my house!!

Last edited:

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I dumped XM radio years ago because they felt the need to add some washed up old MTV DJs to some of my favorite channels, and raise the rates in order to pay them to annoy me.
I don't use Guardian much at all, so it's not likely to be missed.
The weather map can be helpful when out and about naked, but I have access to all I need on my phone.
I have been eyeing the insane audio replacement unit. That would give me full access to all of the apps I'm used to having on my phone and keep the Jeep vehicle info as well.

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
I just renewed my subscription for just the radio for $78.00/year. I still have time left on my 5 yr. subscription on travel link and travel plus so I'm good to go. Just negotiate with them and you will get a better price. Paying $385.00 per year for all their service is just insane. Never happen in my house!!
where did you come up with this price? was that inclusive of all the services? (I know they've got a handful of packages to choose from)

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
I care for only about 5 channels out of the lineup. Whether cable or XM I find it obnoxious that everyone ends up paying to subsidize sports channels, I could care less. That said I do see the value of having radio service in remote areas and consistency during long drives as opposed to searching through the band for a channel. Where I live at least 60% of the available FM stations are Canadian and either French pop or CBC. While the trial lasts I'll keep listening but not sure about after that.

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
I've found it useful. Several times I've forgotten, or at least I think I've forgotten, to lock my doors and not near the vehicle. I also use the Sirius Travel Link and Travel Plus all the time when on a trip to find the cheapest gas in a new town, or when a rest stop is coming up. The radio is "ok", just another option beside what I've listed to a million times on my phone, or FM radio(which is only useful if you know the station you want).

Butch-R-Vols

First Name
Butch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland 3.0 Diesel, 2011 Honda CRV
Occupation
Retired
I did not renew my Guardian services.......too expensive for what it is. As far as the total price ($385.00), thats the price for automatic renewal if you give them your credit card. Includes all taxes and royalties, and that is way too much for what you get. Just tell them to cut it off and they will continue to give you a better deal until you get one in you budget area.

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
I pay a total of $7.71/month for SiriusXM = $92.
Here is the breakdown
Jeep Gladiator SiriusXM RADIO (Yes Please), but SiriusXM GUARDIAN....... thoughts? 1669998576958

We have it tied to one Physical Radio and then use the App and CarPlay in our other vehicles and also in the house.
Guardian is worthless and we get those features for Free in our Ford Ranger, so I wasn't going to pay for it.
Sponsored