Sponsored

SiriusXM Guardian, is it Worth Renewing?!

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
how did you get so lucky i only got 6 months!
I don't know. Dealer signed me up when I picked up Jeep last year. All I know it all expired 12 months later. I renewed my SiriusXM radio Platinum service for another year at $8 a month instead of $27 and the Guardian plan for $120 a year instead of the $400 they claim was regular price
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I think it was a change for MY22 to six months of radio service. It used to be a year of Guardian and a year of radio service. The full Guardian package regular price has been $249 per year.

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Scrolled through this whole thread in the hope of figuring out exactly what I lose if I don't renew this. Can someone please "check my math":

NOTE: I have a manual so NO REMOTE START. If I had remote start this would be a whole different conversation.

So, first off, are UConnect and Guardian connected? If I lose Guardian do I also lose UConnect? Or just some of the features in it?

I know I will lose:
-Phone app locking (never used it)
-GPS tracking (never used it...although maybe my wife has? ;))
-Whatever sort of services involve calling in to a call center (concierge, SOS...either way never used it)

I am not sure about:
-the info pages - tire pressure/oil life/etc (don't really need it, it's right there on the dash)
-sending nav addresses to the truck (this would be nice....if it worked reliably. I'd say it's maybe 30%)
-remote scheduling maintenance (which never worked because my "dealer doesn't support" despite being one of the largest dealers on the east coast)

Or, do you basically lose the UConnect app entirely?

What am I missing that I won't notice until it's gone? Anything in the truck itself? Anything with the nav system - what about the Travel Pages app in the truck - I actually do use that quite a bit, both for weather and gas prices. I'll admit I am surprised at how useful the gas prices page is, and accurate too.

Any other Apps in the App menu on the truck itself?

As I look at this list now, there's nothing on here (other than Travel Pages) that I ever, ever use, so there's no sense in even paying a discounted rate....but I wanted to check with the hive mind to see if there's some aspect of this that I haven't noticed until it's gone.

Anyone think of any services tied to Guardian that maybe I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Darel

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Scrolled through this whole thread in the hope of figuring out exactly what I lose if I don't renew this. Can someone please "check my math":

NOTE: I have a manual so NO REMOTE START. If I had remote start this would be a whole different conversation.

So, first off, are UConnect and Guardian connected? If I lose Guardian do I also lose UConnect? Or just some of the features in it?

I know I will lose:
-Phone app locking (never used it)
-GPS tracking (never used it...although maybe my wife has? ;))
-Whatever sort of services involve calling in to a call center (concierge, SOS...either way never used it)

I am not sure about:
-the info pages - tire pressure/oil life/etc (don't really need it, it's right there on the dash)
-sending nav addresses to the truck (this would be nice....if it worked reliably. I'd say it's maybe 30%)
-remote scheduling maintenance (which never worked because my "dealer doesn't support" despite being one of the largest dealers on the east coast)

Or, do you basically lose the UConnect app entirely?

What am I missing that I won't notice until it's gone? Anything in the truck itself? Anything with the nav system - what about the Travel Pages app in the truck - I actually do use that quite a bit, both for weather and gas prices. I'll admit I am surprised at how useful the gas prices page is, and accurate too.

Any other Apps in the App menu on the truck itself?

As I look at this list now, there's nothing on here (other than Travel Pages) that I ever, ever use, so there's no sense in even paying a discounted rate....but I wanted to check with the hive mind to see if there's some aspect of this that I haven't noticed until it's gone.

Anyone think of any services tied to Guardian that maybe I'm missing here?

Thanks,
Darel
If you don't pay for Guardian, you don't get the services available through the Uconnect phone app (which are also available through the owner website). If you have not been using them, you should not miss anything.

The Off-road Pages should not be affected. I don't know about anything else.

Sponsored

Dr. Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Automotive
I work for SiriusXM Connected Services (Guardian - not the radio side of the business) and have the Guardian service on my own 2021 Gladiator. I have the full subscription package with all of the services. The remote features, particularly remote start are useful if you want to turn on your truck and get it cooled off, or warmed up when you aren't within keyfob reach of the vehicle. There's also a vehicle locator feature if my wife or son is driving the truck, I can see where they are with the Jeep mobile app. Obviously, only you can see the location by using logging into the Jeep mobile app with your login/password.
But the Emergency services are important too. If you get in a crash, particularly if you're off road, or just in a rural/remote area, the emergency call will be sent along with your GPS coordinates for police/ambulance. That helps them get to you quick, rather than you trying to describe where you are, if you are even able to talk.
The other handy feature is stolen vehicle recovery. If you report the vehicle stolen to the police and then contact SXM, they will send location updates to the police to help them find it. But you have to call SXM and authorize that the vehicle be tracked after you file the police report. If you don't have a valid police report, they will not turn on tracking and share this information with police. Lastly, I also use the Jeep app to check my tire pressure, oil life, etc. and other maintenance stuff, remotely.

Shopshirt

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
My trial expired and every so often about two months apart my radio keeps flashing the call me or you'll lose UConnect/Guardian and gives me two buttons Bluetooth call and dismiss. Does this eventually go away are am I going to be bugged perpetually by Uconnect Threats?:mad:
Sponsored