Sponsored

SiriusXM Guardian, is it Worth Renewing?!

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
My XM trial ran out some time ago, and my remote start (iPhone) still works. I thought they were separate?
Music and Guardian services are separate, but I thought they both had a 1 yr trial. I guess you're just lucky.
Sponsored

CT_Gladiator

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Manufacturing Engineer
Music and Guardian services are separate, but I thought they both had a 1 yr trial. I guess you're just lucky.
Mine came with 6 months for music and 1 year for Guardian services.

Jeep Gladiator SiriusXM Guardian, is it Worth Renewing?! Screenshot 2022-04-18 111548

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
They keep changing it. I think mine was 2 years for the guardian and 1 for the music...... then my wife got her 2021 and it was 6 months for music and 1 year for guardian. Still 5 years for the traffic, etc.

Verne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Education
I’d bet that is it. I got 6 months for the XM and must have a year of the guardian. Hope you can renew the guardian as a stand alone.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’d bet that is it. I got 6 months for the XM and must have a year of the guardian. Hope you can renew the guardian as a stand alone.
Yes, you absolutely can. You can renew it and not the music part. They are handled and billed separately.

Sponsored

Aberk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Viper, 2020 Rubicon JT
You can. But their price still isn't worth it for me. I really like the idea of having it, but I never used it enough to justify the cost when I did have the free trial. Maybe if it was $5/mo or a per use subscription I would consider it.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
For me personally Guardian isn’t worth it, neither is paying full price for Sirius XM, get it at a promo price each time, then it’s worth it.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I made a post a while back on ordering just the parts I wanted, at about $120/year. Because officially they want to force you into a package. I only want remote start, door locks, and alarm.

bowtiejc

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Machinist
So to use the Uconnect location feature , you can find a place on the map and send it to the jeeps navigation. Do you havevto have the guardian?

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I couldn't justify the price for it or music, my music I pay for at the promo price and I pay for the year up front !

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
I am probably going to pay once my free one runs out. Being in a rural area with next to zero radio reception and having sat connection for potential break downs is important. Trying to get someone via my in-reach would be cumbersome. Also I keep hearing of lots of reports of stolen gladiators lately. without guardian I dont think you can track them. Even though I dont want my location available…

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I am probably going to pay once my free one runs out. Being in a rural area with next to zero radio reception and having sat connection for potential break downs is important. Trying to get someone via my in-reach would be cumbersome. Also I keep hearing of lots of reports of stolen gladiators lately. without guardian I dont think you can track them. Even though I dont want my location available…
Sirius Guardian is run by AT&T and is on their network. It does not work via satellite. You still need your inReach. Also Guardian doesn't do any messaging at all. If you buy the premium version ($$$$) then you can call the help line...over the AT&T network, not satellite.

BeepBeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Being a previous Ford guy, paying for this service is hard for me to stomach. FordPass is free and includes the same basic features as SiriusXM Guardian.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Being a previous Ford guy, paying for this service is hard for me to stomach. FordPass is free and includes the same basic features as SiriusXM Guardian.
Which level - there are three levels.
And believe me, one way or another you HAVE paid for it....... Ford doesn't give stuff away, they just charge you differently.

BeepBeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Which level - there are three levels.
And believe me, one way or another you HAVE paid for it....... Ford doesn't give stuff away, they just charge you differently.
Well "Free" is a relative term. No additional cost, is that a better verbiage? :)
FordPass
I think their may be some additional features on SiriusXM Guardian, I don't believe they compare apples to apples on any package, but what Ford offers is "Free".
Sponsored