Sponsored

Tazer - how to program cruise control shortcut buttons????

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all,

I've looked at all the documentation I can find and it mentions several times what features can be set up with a shortcut. But I can't seem to find where it says how to set up a shortcut.

Am I nuts?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bumping because in 5 hrs, no response. HELP!!

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
Did you read the manual?

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. I don't see anything that actually tells you how to program the buttons.

NightsX2

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
It mentions it on the bottom of page 14 and continues on to page 15 of the manual.
Under - Non-Menu Live Functions
Under the Heading - Button Remap

I have not personally remapped any, but hopefully that may lead you to where you can set that up?

Last edited:

Sponsored

NightsX2

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Button Remap: This function allows the assignment of “hotkeys” for quick access to some of the Tazer’s functions. The cruise +/-/RES may be used for this function. While the dash is in Audio mode, press and hold the RIGHT arrow and press the button you’d like to remap. The choices are:

Any of the 8 light shows
Backup camera
TC Kill (excl. 4XE)15
Line Lock (excl. 4XE)
Rock Crawl (excl. 4XE)
Turn Assist (excl. 4XE)
Winch Mode (excl. 4XE)
Cooldown
Front/Rear/Front+Rear Lockers
SwayKill
Dark Mode
Force RWD

Keep in mind that not all functions pertain to all vehicles. These remap buttons will only program and operate while Cruise Control is OFF. When Cruise is on, they will operate as normal cruise control buttons. For TC Kill, a vehicle restart is required to bring the system back to normal. For Lockers, the normal Locker off button disengages the lockers.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you. I must have read that section 20 times and did not recognize for some reason that the sentence

While the dash is in Audio mode, press and hold the RIGHT arrow and press the button you’d like to remap.

Was the key.

THANK YOU.

NightsX2

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
That manual has given me fits trying to figure out how to setup several features - so I can completely relate to your frustration.
But despite their manual writing style - the Tazer itself is a pretty neat little product, and I really like how they are always adding new features like this Button Remap.

OP
OP
dcmdon

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That manual has given me fits trying to figure out how to setup several features - so I can completely relate to your frustration.
But despite their manual writing style - the Tazer itself is a pretty neat little product, and I really like how they are always adding new features like this Button Remap.
Its a fantastic product. I was originally on the fence between this and an obd2 / smartphone based system, but the live functions are great.

I really like the feature to turn on the rear view cam when putting on the turn signal.

The only thing I can't really do conveniently is log errors, which requires you to ride down the road with a windows laptop running.
Sponsored