apiv

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S 80th Anniversary
First time posting here.

I am a proud owner of a JT 20th Anniversary Sport S and could not be happier. (Not to mention that my previous car was a 08 Accord)

Anyways...

I follow a few local shops in the GTA on Instagram and Online and one of them has posted quite often about reports of Jeep Gladiator thefts in the GTA and around the province. There are claims that they have a newfound interest in the vehicle on other continents and are they are now in high demand. (Would not be incorrect if you look at Highlander thefts in 2021)

I have not seen much actual police activity about this but then again not everything like car thefts are reported in the daily news.

The reason im asking is because they constantly feature posts about RFID boxes and other security theft gear for sale afterwards.

What do you do? I obviously try and park in the garage when possible but anything else in addition to that?

Not looking to break the bank on solutions but would like to be proactive to ensure I dont have to deal with a "fun" insurance claim or anything of the sort.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP

apiv

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Very helpful.

JGCtoJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 WK2 Summit EcoDiesel
Which area in the GTA? I've been paranoid since the whole 300+ cars in a month came out in the news.

OP
OP

apiv

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Things ive seen have been related to thefts at Enroute Stations along the 401.

DaveL

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Been cautioned by an Alfa dealer! Said Wranglers were so easy to steal. That's in Ontario. Toronto region.
Sponsored