First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Law
Does the programmed tire size effect the torque converter in anyway?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Does the programmed tire size effect the torque converter in anyway?
No. Clarify that - if it is set to lock up at a certain speed and torque applied, it could change the speed at which it locks, but then I doubt it.
Can't see how it would impact anything other than when it locks up on the highway.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Mine doesn't like to lock back up after unlocking going over a overpass, up a hill or whatever, when I first got it I had it reprogrammed, helped, but I still get times where it wont lock back up and the RPM stay up, say stays at 2500 RPM instead of dropping to 2100, going to 37" tire, the last trip we took it would barely lock back up!, so I'm interested to see what's the cause of it not wanting to lock back up, of course the dealer will tell me it's the 37" the dynamics of the lock up should be load or torque

The other problem is the Greenway CDJ does this little around the block 35-40MPH loop they do to try and diagnose issue with vehicles, couple of service advisors and I had a little discussion about there test loop, and its the same one they use for new car test drives, I will say it got heated, and they basically said there hands are tied, cause that's what there allowed to do! and NO more,

I'm interested in hearing what the ideas or issues are,
Sponsored

Last edited: