Sponsored

VIDEO Testing Selec Speed Control (Off Road Cruise Control)

Jeepdude413

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator
Occupation
Job.... always got a job...
Has any one else tested this feature?
I have used it going down a few inclines. Works awesome. Takes a little getting used to but is a nice feature when u just want to njoy the trails and not stress “pedals”. Call me lazy and old, don’t care.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
This has been on the taco for awhile. They use their Multi Terrain System knob to adjust speed in the same way it works okay but I never found a use for it. Be nicer in 4 high with up to 15mph increments of 2 mph make the trips between obstacles consistent speed. I tried using cruise in 4high on the Tacoma but it wouldn't engage that low. Does the glad let the cruise engage under 15?

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ
I'm guessing this is just an automatic thing?
It'd be neat if they had something built in for manuals, like the thumb throttle mods people make

Sponsored

OP
OP
TJ Mitchell Films

TJ Mitchell Films

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.YouTube.com
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubicon JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Welder
This has been on the taco for awhile. They use their Multi Terrain System knob to adjust speed in the same way it works okay but I never found a use for it. Be nicer in 4 high with up to 15mph increments of 2 mph make the trips between obstacles consistent speed. I tried using cruise in 4high on the Tacoma but it wouldn't engage that low. Does the glad let the cruise engage under 15?
I think you can only use normal cruise control for 20 mph or more.

I'm guessing this is just an automatic thing?
It'd be neat if they had something built in for manuals, like the thumb throttle mods people make
I believe so, I don’t think it would be able to work nearly as will with a manual transmission.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

This far better than the Tacoma system and doesn’t make the same awful sounds