Sponsored

JL JCR rock sliders

Gus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler 2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi all.
What are your thought on those new JLU sliders.
I like them but I don’t like the gap between the sliders and the body.

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Wow, just bolt off, bolt on. No cutting, no drilling. Looks a lot easier to do it on the JL than on the JK. 20 minute job!

Reactions: Gus

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
I really like those, and it appears the gap is minimal? I wish they would have shown the sliders installed in detail toward the end of the video to give a really good view point. But, from what I could see, they look really nice.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
It's 2018 and I still don't understand why people make sliders & steps with the pinch seam exposed
Because it makes it easier to wash mud, snow, and ice from between the slider and the body. Plus it traps a lot less moisture this way. The pinch seam disappears if you paint it black before you install the sliders :beer:

I really like those, and it appears the gap is minimal? I wish they would have shown the sliders installed in detail toward the end of the video to give a really good view point. But, from what I could see, they look really nice.
The product page has been updated with more photos :like:

Sponsored

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Love the sliders. Also looked at your rear bumper/tire carriers that were marked as jl. In the photos the bumper is shown on the jk ?
Does this mean the bumpers are the same or have they been redesigned to fit the new rear end?

Cov

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Covfefe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Because it makes it easier to wash mud, snow, and ice from between the slider and the body. Plus it traps a lot less moisture this way.
The last thing I'm worried about on a Wrangler is how easy it is to wash my rock sliders and trapping MOISTURE :cwl:
c'mon man

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Love the sliders. Also looked at your rear bumper/tire carriers that were marked as jl. In the photos the bumper is shown on the jk ?
Does this mean the bumpers are the same or have they been redesigned to fit the new rear end?
All of the product is being redesigned for the JL. Those products are up for placeholders at this point... anything you see in the JL categories with an add to cart link is good to go though.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
The last thing I'm worried about on a Wrangler is how easy it is to wash my rock sliders and trapping MOISTURE :cwl:
c'mon man
We are from the midwest where it matters quite a bit.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Hi all.
What are your thought on those new JLU sliders.
I like them but I don’t like the gap between the sliders and the body.
Sliders look good and yeah it would be nice if that gap was a little narrower (from 1/2" to 1/4"). On the plus side the gap prevents water from sitting on the sliders.

Reactions: Gus

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Because it makes it easier to wash mud, snow, and ice from between the slider and the body. Plus it traps a lot less moisture this way. The pinch seam disappears if you paint it black before you install the sliders :beer:

The product page has been updated with more photos :like:
How much weight can these sliders handle as apposition to sliders that that are directly bolted to the frame? I’m worried about bending up tha pinch seam.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
How much weight can these sliders handle as apposition to sliders that that are directly bolted to the frame? I’m worried about bending up tha pinch seam.
They can handle a ton. We use the same mounting on our JK Classic sliders and have abused them mercilessly with no tub damage.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
They can handle a ton. We use the same mounting on our JK Classic sliders and have abused them mercilessly with no tub damage.

swampcat14

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.c4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Google Data Center Maintenance Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hey JCR,

Fantastic looking product! A couple of questions...

1) Has anyone reported any squeaking from these sliders like that which has been detailed with the ACE sliders of similar design?

2) Shipping weight is listed on your site as 84 lbs, so I'm assuming they each weigh ~40 lbs?

Thanks!

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturer
Hey JCR,

Fantastic looking product! A couple of questions...

1) Has anyone reported any squeaking from these sliders like that which has been detailed with the ACE sliders of similar design?

2) Shipping weight is listed on your site as 84 lbs, so I'm assuming they each weigh ~40 lbs?

Thanks!
1) Our sliders mount to the pinch seam of the tub AND the body mounts, it's a stronger solution and we don't have any reported squeaking issues since everything is more solidly mounted.
2) Around 40 lbs a side, yes.
Sponsored