First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Money
Hey everyone, I’m only posting this question because I did do some research and I’m getting mixed answers, saying yes you can Summer saying no you can’t and they’re old threads

I want to color match my fenders and I prefer to wrap them versus painting so it stays original and I can remove the wrapping if I decide to ever sell or go back to complete stock. Thanks in advanced
Sponsored

RCott77

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
May want to check with @Underground Graphics since it's been awhile since I owned my wrap shop, but finding a good film that will stick and stay on the textured plastic may be difficult without a ton of primer.

ScottTank

First Name
ScottTank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I'd guess the same....getting the material to adhere to non-smooth black plastic fenders seems challenging. In time, will the material mimic the small recess areas of the black fenders?

OP
OP
Jt_gladi

Jt_gladi

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Money
I'd guess the same....getting the material to adhere to non-smooth black plastic fenders seems challenging. In time, will the material mimic the small recess areas of the black fenders?
Good question, lets see if someone has any insight on this

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Wrapping makes sense if you want to protect the paint on already-color matched fenders. It will adhere better to those as well.

For the black plastic fenders, I doubt it'll stay on there well and if it does it won't look good as the surface isn't smooth like the painted ones are. You'd be doing some prep work, which means you'd have to replace them to "return it to stock" anyway.

Sponsored

Underground Graphics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.undergroundgraphics.com
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 21 Bronco
Occupation
Vinyl Graphics
If it's textured plastic, Absolutely not. If it's the painted OBX fendes, have at it! Wrap needs a smooth, painted surface to adhere as it was designed to. We've had some success on mixed media surfaces, but I would NEVER guarantee it. Fenders would have to be smoothed, primed, and painted, then wrapped. Same goes for the hardtops. While it may "stick", it won't last long.

Feel free to call me dirtectly if yuo have any questions.

Greg :)

OP
OP
Jt_gladi

Jt_gladi

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Money
If it's textured plastic, Absolutely not. If it's the painted OBX fendes, have at it! Wrap needs a smooth, painted surface to adhere as it was designed to. We've had some success on mixed media surfaces, but I would NEVER guarantee it. Fenders would have to be smoothed, primed, and painted, then wrapped. Same goes for the hardtops. While it may "stick", it won't last long.

Feel free to call me dirtectly if yuo have any questions.

I’m just trying to think outside of the box here, but what if I primer them using plasty dip then wrap??

again just looking at all options

Underground Graphics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 21 Bronco
Occupation
Vinyl Graphics
I’m just trying to think outside of the box here, but what if I primer them using plasty dip then wrap??

again just looking at all options
Just say no to plasti-dip. That stuff should have never been invented.

There's the right way and the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong, SAS fenders look great painted, but it's gonna cost some money. Once painted, you could wrap, but waht's the point unless your going carbon fiber look or somethnig paint can't accomplish.

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Hey there @Underground Graphics !
Question for you... somewhat related...

How much (more or less) should it cost to wrap an entire Gladiator in a matte/satin clear PPF?
My Gladiator has painted fenders and hardtop in the best color to bless Jeep fans' eyeballs - yes, that's right - Gobi.

There are places here in NYC that offer it, and I'm assuming it will be $$$$$. But before I ask them for a quote, I figure I'd get a professional, and non-conflict of interest/point of view.

THANKS!

Underground Graphics

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, 21 Bronco
Occupation
Vinyl Graphics
Hey there @Underground Graphics !
Question for you... somewhat related...

How much (more or less) should it cost to wrap an entire Gladiator in a matte/satin clear PPF?
My Gladiator has painted fenders and hardtop in the best color to bless Jeep fans' eyeballs - yes, that's right - Gobi.

There are places here in NYC that offer it, and I'm assuming it will be $$$$$. But before I ask them for a quote, I figure I'd get a professional, and non-conflict of interest/point of view.

THANKS!
Well first off, there is no "Gobi" vinyl match, believe me, we've tried. But regardless, wrapping an entire Gladiator wil be pricey. So many factors, all up to the customer. Do you want the bed removed for the wrap to go further behind the cab (rare, but it's been done twice). Do you want door jambs, both on the cab and inside of doors? Do you want roll bars done? Hingesm are always an issue. They can be wrapped, but not guaranteed, So some customers do black overs or even painting. And, there is A LOT of dis-assembly to be done on Jeeps. Location is another factor, small towns seem to charge less, but mayu bot be as experienced. Know the shop, ask questions and only you can make the decision. If we were to do a full exterior only (NO jambs, NO interior, NO roll bars), we would be at $55-6500. All those extras, well would be extra. We take our time and don't rush anything, we use lots of cut tape and use when needed.

Good luck in your venture, make sure you understand the limits, maintenance and care as well.

Feel free to call me if you have any questions!

Sponsored