Getting passed by CRVs :(

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
I've had my 2016 Rubicon for 2 weeks now and am still adjusting to the ride. I was used to driving my WRX and rarely was passed by anyone on back roads of Vermont. Now I'm passed daily by almost everyone. This is killing me ! I have BFG mud terrain tires on, think all terrains will definitely help me bobble less on horrific frost heaves? Thanks !
Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Listen, if you purchased a Jeep expecting a muscle car, I have some bad news for you. Sure it's 300 hp, but the transmission is tuned for power much more than speed. I think Motor Trend said it perfectly in their article awarding the SUV of the Year: "the Wrangler never pretends to be a sports car. Instead, the Jeep provides a deliberate pace, encouraging you to appreciate your surroundings."

Cov

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Covfefe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Just drive faster? Unless you're drag racing everyone everywhere, I think you're just over exaggerating. Also this is the JL forum

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Listen, if you purchased a Jeep expecting a muscle car, I have some bad news for you. Sure it's 300 hp, but the transmission is tuned for power much more than speed. I think Motor Trend said it perfectly in their article awarding the SUV of the Year: "the Wrangler never pretends to be a sports car. Instead, the Jeep provides a deliberate pace, encouraging you to appreciate your surroundings."
This.gif

"And if you have a 2016 Rubicon, you're on the wrong forums."

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
"And if you have a 2016 Rubicon, you're on the wrong forums."
Sheesh... tough crowd. I'd cut her some slack... she's only had the Wrangler 2 weeks (might not even know the difference between a JK & JL). And DEFINITELY recommend ditching the M/T's for a decent A/T tire to smooth out the ride a bit.

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Exactly, "deliberate pace". It's good to slow down a bit and enjoy the ride. Let the other gazillion SUVs pass you by.

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like the problem is the terrain, not the power?
What's your tire pressure? If it's too high, the jeep will bounce around like mad.

Blown7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Hellcat powered CJ7..... 2007 Jeep SRT8...2018 Trackhawk
Should have purchased a Trackhawk. .no one passes me...
I eat JL's for breakfast ..Subbies also
Actually damn near everthing.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Maybe drive responsibly and stop being concerned with how the next person drives? Are you a firefighter going to calls? If not just drive the speed you want to drive and don’t worry about how fast someone else wants to drive (within reason). You sound kind of like some of the drivers that most annoy me most - people who are driving a steady speed who feel the need to speed up when someone else begins passing them.

OP
OP

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
I didn't expect a muscle car but thought I could at least go the speed limit on bumpy roads :( I think I am settling into it more each day. I will try to "appreciate my surroundings more!" Thanks

OP
OP

Shawnslady

First Name
Gloria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 rubicon
Just drive faster? Unless you're drag racing everyone everywhere, I think you're just over exaggerating. Also this is the JL forum
Maybe it's just the horrible frost heaves we have. Someone accepted my request to join ...
Sponsored