Sponsored

Billet Silver Launch Edition - pics/video/thoughts

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee, Trackhawk, RAM DT,
Built on May 16th and delivered on May 24th.

I had anticipated it coming in midweek which would have been ideal due to having a 7 hour drive to Northern Michigan for Memorial Day weekend planned. After it didn't show up on Thursday I gave up on taking it on the trip, pretty bummed out. Then I received "the call" at 11am Friday.. it had showed up at the dealership. We had planned on leaving at 9am but it didn't pan out that way. So I did what anyone with common Jeep sense would do, I told them to get it prepped and fill it up with gas! I unpacked everything from the Pacifica and loaded the 3 kids and cargo into the Gladiator. The kids were probably more excited than I was and my wife found out that I had purchased yet another new vehicle.

I had high expectations being that it was fully loaded and a new design, it didn't disappoint. The kids [8,7, and 4 years old] fit in the backseat comfortably which was a win. I expected the steering to be slightly vague, which it was, but it holds the road with confidence and the 3.6 makes plenty of power and shined with the 8 speed transmission. Wind noise was pleasantly less than what I had expected. Anything under 70 mph is relatively smooth sailing, once you hit 80 mph+ you can feel that you are driving a box. The fit and finish are spot on both inside and out, specifically the interior quality and paint. We were able to remove the front tops and soak up some sun while making an hour long drive along Lake Michigan, putting them in the storage bag correctly was harder than removing them.. haha!

It received plenty of attention on the 1200 mile journey along with the customary "Jeep Wave" from fellow Jeep owners. If I remember correctly it averaged 18.5 mpg on the way up and 16.5 mpg on the drive home. This was with a lot of stretches of 80 mph+ so it didn't bother me at all. So if you are patiently waiting just know that the Gladiator is better than advertised and well worth the price. The price for unique freedom isn't cheap but well worth the price of admission in my opinion!

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Congratulations. Glad you were able to take it on your Memorial Day weekend trip. So your wife was surprised?

Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Congratulations!!! So glad that there's room for the whole family in your new JT!

TXPinoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Can Am Spyder, 2018 Lexus 450H, Future owner of a Gladiator LE
Can't wait to get mine!

OP
OP
since41

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations. Glad you were able to take it on your Memorial Day weekend trip. So your wife was surprised?
Thanks. She had an idea that I was going to buy one but I was unsure how she'd take it. Once I took the tops out for a short drive she said I should have bought one along time ago lol. Not knowing they just came out.

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Thanks. She had an idea that I was going to buy one but I was unsure how she'd take it. Once I took the tops out for a short drive she said I should have bought one along time ago lol. Not knowing they just came out.
Haha. That's great. Glad she is sold on the Gladiator. I thought my wife would shoot me down but she actually sought out local inventory and then suggested we go take a test drive. Then she drove it and said she could see herself driving it when I wasn't.

Sponsored

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
Built on May 16th and delivered on May 24th.

I had anticipated it coming in midweek which would have been ideal due to having a 7 hour drive to Northern Michigan for Memorial Day weekend planned. After it didn't show up on Thursday I gave up on taking it on the trip, pretty bummed out. Then I received "the call" at 11am Friday.. it had showed up at the dealership. We had planned on leaving at 9am but it didn't pan out that way. So I did what anyone with common Jeep sense would do, I told them to get it prepped and fill it up with gas! I unpacked everything from the Pacifica and loaded the 3 kids and cargo into the Gladiator. The kids were probably more excited than I was and my wife found out that I had purchased yet another new vehicle.

I had high expectations being that it was fully loaded and a new design, it didn't disappoint. The kids [8,7, and 4 years old] fit in the backseat comfortably which was a win. I expected the steering to be slightly vague, which it was, but it holds the road with confidence and the 3.6 makes plenty of power and shined with the 8 speed transmission. Wind noise was pleasantly less than what I had expected. Anything under 70 mph is relatively smooth sailing, once you hit 80 mph+ you can feel that you are driving a box. The fit and finish are spot on both inside and out, specifically the interior quality and paint. We were able to remove the front tops and soak up some sun while making an hour long drive along Lake Michigan, putting them in the storage bag correctly was harder than removing them.. haha!

It received plenty of attention on the 1200 mile journey along with the customary "Jeep Wave" from fellow Jeep owners. If I remember correctly it averaged 18.5 mpg on the way up and 16.5 mpg on the drive home. This was with a lot of stretches of 80 mph+ so it didn't bother me at all. So if you are patiently waiting just know that the Gladiator is better than advertised and well worth the price. The price for unique freedom isn't cheap but well worth the price of admission in my opinion!

Thank you so much for this amazing post... when you got to the part about “common Jeep sense”, I prayed it meant what I hoped you meant... and it DID! Thank you for prioritizing your trip schedule, racing down to the dealer, unpacking, and repacking, and fearlessly launching into your adventure, in your new Launch Edition!
Those of us breathlessly awaiting our Granite Crystal LE’s, are thrilled to hear your glowing report, and that our expectations need not be diminished! (I swear, this is almost worse than waiting for our firstborn!) Thanks again for your much anticipated post! ;{

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
@since41 - great pics! Finally pics of what the LE is going to look like fresh out of the box w/o any additions/changes/upgrades/lifts/tires. Those will have to wait until the coins build back up from the purchase. Would love some interior pics, too. Congrats!

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Congrats! Glad to see the LEs are hitting the shelves.

OP
OP
since41

since41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@since41 - great pics! Finally pics of what the LE is going to look like fresh out of the box w/o any additions/changes/upgrades/lifts/tires. Those will have to wait until the coins build back up from the purchase. Would love some interior pics, too. Congrats!
Thank you. I forgot to mention that the truck is rather proper right off of the lot as far as having an aggressive appearance is concerned. I find myself wondering why I bought the 2" Mopar lift along with having 35" and 37" KO2s for 17" wheels as well as 35" Ridge Grapplers for 18" wheels. I'm overly stocked and scratching my head with what direction to go. If only they offered a Fox lift that leveled out the front.