Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
First add ons. K&N Filtercharger kit, EVO FAD skid plate, and a hood strut kit.

gladiator18.jpg

gladiator17.jpg

gladiator16.jpg

gladiator15.jpg

gladiator13.jpg

Gladiator12.jpg

gladiator14.jpg
Where did you get your FAD Skid Plate? I cant seem to find it on their website. Do you have a part number???? Your Gladiator looks great btw !!!! Keep the updates coming. The hood Struts and KC Lights under the hood are awesome that was one of the first things I did.

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi
Where did you get your FAD Skid Plate? I cant seem to find it on their website. Do you have a part number???? Your Gladiator looks great btw !!!! Keep the updates coming. The hood Struts and KC Lights under the hood are awesome that was one of the first things I did.

I got it through Northridge 4x4. Here is the link.

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...uring-protek-front-axle-disconnect-skid-plate

Thanks, hoping to get my onboard air installed tomorrow morning.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon, 2008 Jeep JKU, 2019 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk Hemi

Austingobi

First Name
Vinny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator S
Please add prices to your mods if possible.
Appreciate the write up.

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please add prices to your mods if possible.
Appreciate the write up.
Your welcome about the write ups. I enjoy sharing it with everyone. I'm not sure if listing out a bunch of prices for all the mods is appropriate. All prices can easily be found online. ALOT...of my stuff was purchased during Black Friday and cyber Monday/week sales.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my onboard air installed today. Used ARB's CKMA12 high output compressor with [Banned Site]'s ACM. Worked out really nice. It is a compact unit but has plenty of power to air up tires. Not hard at all to install. I was really nervous to pull off the fender but it went well. I would highly recommend purchasing some spare clips ahead of time. I bought a bag of 25 of them. Glad I did as several did snap. I installed my compressor basically the same way that Eddie at [Banned Site] did. Only difference being I did my compressor airfilter remotely and located up higher just in front of the windshield washer reservoir.

compressor1.jpg

compressor2.jpg

compressor3.jpg

compressor4.jpg

compressor5.jpg

compressor6.jpg

compressor7.jpg

compressor8.jpg

compressor9.jpg

compressor10.jpg

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ran the electrical up the driver's fender tight to the firewall. Attached the relay to the grounding nut on fender support. Then ran wires along the cowl and around to the battery and auxillary switch wires. Worked out good. Had to extend the main power and ground wires about a foot to reach the buss bars on my battery set up. Fortunately I had some 10ga wire to match and soldered the connections and shrink wrapped them. Unfortunately...I only had red wire...hence why my black extension is wrapped in electrical tape. Tested everything out before putting back together. All worked as it should , no air leaks.

compressor11.jpg

compressor12.jpg

compressor13.jpg

compressor14.jpg

compressor15.jpg

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed my Warn Interrupter switch today. Also removed the end caps to make my front bumper a stubby. Gong on vacation with the wife tomorrow so will have to wait till I return to install the winch.

stubby1.jpg

warn switch1.jpg

warn switch2.jpg

warn switch3.jpg

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
Installed my Warn Interrupter switch today.
So is the intent of the interrupt switch to isolate power to the winch for safety reasons, or...?

OP
OP
Harold0819

Harold0819

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So is the intent of the interrupt switch to isolate power to the winch for safety reasons, or...?
Yes. The power cables are live all the time when directly attached to the battery. Which a lot of people do. But in the event of a front impact or other incident where the cables are rubbed, cut, exposed, etc, it can cause a major arcing and possibly fire. Granted...not the most likely scenario but I'd rather be safe then sorry.
Sponsored