srdatv

srdatv

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
They finally called me back. The guy acted like he couldn’t believe the order got so messed up. They sent me an email with a prepaid return label and put in an additional order for me for all of the parts that I did not receive. Again, they are still listed as backordered. I told the guy that I didn’t care about the back order, but asked him NOT to send me a package that is incomplete when the packing label shows it to be complete. I can see it now...Our system says that we sent that to you.......At least they’re trying to make it right. Regardless, I’ve never had such a bad buying experience.
well i installed the v4 fog lights from headlight revolution yesterday and i am having issues.they worked fine all last night but when i started my truck this morning they come on no problem but after about 2 seconds they both go out and 2 seconds later they both come back on,they do this 2 to 3 times then go out completely and stay that way.i have never had this happen before i am not sure if any of you have seen this with these bulbs? i have their headlight bulbs and those are fine.
Sponsored

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
well i installed the v4 fog lights from headlight revolution yesterday and i am having issues.they worked fine all last night but when i started my truck this morning they come on no problem but after about 2 seconds they both go out and 2 seconds later they both come back on,they do this 2 to 3 times then go out completely and stay that way.i have never had this happen before i am not sure if any of you have seen this with these bulbs? i have their headlight bulbs and those are fine.
The fogs need PWM modules if you didn’t go into the computer and change fog light settings from halogen to LED. I don’t have a programmer, so I bought PWMs. When I finally get everything in I’ll report back to you if you haven’t fixed it yet.

OP
OP
srdatv

srdatv

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
The fogs need PWM modules if you didn’t go into the computer and change fog light settings from halogen to LED. I don’t have a programmer, so I bought PWMs. When I finally get everything in I’ll report back to you if you haven’t fixed it yet.
they sent me the pwm modules with the lights and i have those installed and it is still doing this.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
they sent me the pwm modules with the lights and i have those installed and it is still doing this.
Hmmm beats me. Such a headache for better lighting haha Let me know what you find out. I’ll be in the same boat in a few weeks. All I can suggest is checking the fittings.

I just remembered....do you have the GTR Lighting PWM? I read that the polarity doesn’t match with V.4 lights. You’ll have to turn the connection around on the PWM when you install. The reviews from their website explain this. Other Jeep users mentioned it.

OP
OP
srdatv

srdatv

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
Hmmm beats me. Such a headache for better lighting haha Let me know what you find out. I’ll be in the same boat in a few weeks. All I can suggest is checking the fittings.

I just remembered....do you have the GTR Lighting PWM? I read that the polarity doesn’t match with V.4 lights. You’ll have to turn the connection around on the PWM when you install. The reviews from their website explain this. Other Jeep users mentioned it.
yes they sent me the gtr ones.so i guess i will reverse the plugs when i get time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
srdatv

srdatv

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
A couple screenshots from the website:

EC75307A-8806-4641-B889-CBF5A38C3C03.png
76EFC668-A70E-4E29-B0E1-936BED91FAA5.png
so if i read this right it is the plug that goes from the pwm module to the fog light bulb and only that plug i guess.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
so if i read this right it is the plug that goes from the pwm module to the fog light bulb and only that plug i guess.
That’s how I take it.

BlackSport74

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I'm pretty certain that some led's (the polarity sensitive ones) are either an all or nothing situation. It will either work or won't power on at all, in which case the connection needs to be flipped. I'm a little baffled by them going on, off, on, off... That sounds like it is a bad connection or short. My Diode Dynamics yellow (they make white too) SLF fogs did not have any external PWM. They are just the bulbs and a driver. Admittedly, I have not had them in long, but the entire purchase/install process went well and they are working as intended. I wish their SL2 dual beam H13 was available for headlights. They have been talking about it for a long time, but I have not seen anything yet. I guess I will continue my search, as I've seen birthday cake candles put out more illumination than the stock Jeep halogens. Its a little frustrating trying to find a good aftermarket solution for headlights on these Jeeps (not even including the customer service side of things) that provides quality light and doesn't cost a small fortune! I hope things start working out for you guys. Keep us posted if you finds something that works well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
srdatv

srdatv

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
That’s how I take it.
well i swapped the connector that goes to the fog light and it worked for a couple of drives.i went out this morning and started the truck and the same thing happened again,they came on then went out then came on then went out and stayed out.i am wondering if the cold has anything to do with these because it seems like in the morning at 20 something degrees these damn things dont work right.i am also wondering if you have to swap just the one connector to the fog or both connectors on the pwm modules.i may try that and see but i am getting tired of taking all of this apart and getting no good results.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
well i swapped the connector that goes to the fog light and it worked for a couple of drives.i went out this morning and started the truck and the same thing happened again,they came on then went out then came on then went out and stayed out.i am wondering if the cold has anything to do with these because it seems like in the morning at 20 something degrees these damn things dont work right.i am also wondering if you have to swap just the one connector to the fog or both connectors on the pwm modules.i may try that and see but i am getting tired of taking all of this apart and getting no good results.
That sucks for sure. If this happens to me I’ll be sending everything back. Hope it works out.

OP
OP
srdatv

srdatv

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
That sucks for sure. If this happens to me I’ll be sending everything back. Hope it works out.
i got a hold of hr today and they said to swap both connections 180 degrees on the pwm module.i only swapped the one that goes to the fog light i didnt swap the other one so tonight i am doing this again and swapping both plugs 180 and we will see what happens.i will say though thay are being good about this issue and they want to hear back from me if this doesn't fix and they will do something else to take care of me.

OP
OP
srdatv

srdatv

First Name
scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport s
so to follow up i have swapped both connectors on the pwm modules 180 degrees so they are plugged in upside down then taped all connections and so far so good.the lights are now working.when you get your kits in remember to swap your connections on both plugs and i think you will be happy.

Moe_Fugga

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
so to follow up i have swapped both connectors on the pwm modules 180 degrees so they are plugged in upside down then taped all connections and so far so good.the lights are now working.when you get your kits in remember to swap your connections on both plugs and i think you will be happy.
Excellent! This is good to hear. I'm glad you got them working and now I know what to do. Thanks!
Sponsored