Sponsored

Need help building an order for a new Rubicon Gladiator

Sniper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon JT370 AEV pkg.
Hello!

I hope this is not asking too much but I need some help building this order because I am a little confused and want to have no regrets when I get it.
I will ask my questions first, then if you would please look down the list and give me some advise it's appreciated. THANKS!!

My end use is the Rubicon Gladiator will be a second vehicle, probably my last jeep due to I'm 60 years old; I will take it off road on occasion on some weekends but mostly a secondary rider toy...

1) My first question is what add-on options should I not get because it would be better and perhaps less expensive to get aftermarket?
2) I want to get a lift kit, I'm thinking 2.5 inch can I get a warranty approved lift? If not who has the best lift kit?
3) I am considering the diesel engine (VM Motori-built 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel) , as oppose to the gas engine what are your thoughts? I want heavy duty.
4) I'm thinking to get 35 inch tires after I get the vehicle, do I just order stock 33 inch tires and rims and sell them then buy new 35 inch rims and tires? Any tire rim recommendations?
5) I see it comes with winch capable steel front bumper as a $845 add on... Would I be better to not get the option and getting a modified after market bumber with a good winch?
6) Is the 4.1 axle the right one that I can keep or does this need changed?
7) I live up in the North midwest where it can get cold and want a hard top, but want the one I can dissemble and open up easily in summer which option is that?
8) I see it comes with a LED option is it better to get this with the order or should I skip it and get a different set up after market?
9) I have a viper remote starter alarm on my car, should I skip the Jeep Gladiator option and get the Viper so I can use my one remote?
10) I thought to get the automatic transmission because I'm almost 60 years old, but I had a CJ Jeep with a manual transmission and just want to make sure the automatic is the right vehicle.

The price not including discounts and tax is calculating at: $64,560, I will get some discounts such as employee discount and some other dealer discounts so I don't know what that will come out to. I want to figure out the order first.

If you could review down my list and write if you would get it or not and advise it would be appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Granite Crystal metallic clear coat $245 ( what do you think of this dark Granite verse the dark military green)?

Winch capable steel front bumper $845 (or should I buy an after market bumper?)

Satan Black grill $195 (what is this?)

Forward facing trail cam $595 (what is this?)

Body color fender flares $495 ( I like black rubber only so should I skip this?)

15 x 7.5 standard wheels verse the aluminum for $995 (will this fit 35 inch tires?)

33 inch All Terrain tires verse the Mud Tires (which is easier to sell?) What do you recommend as far as tires and rims close to military type?

TOPS: Please help choose a hard top that can be disassembled.

Dual top group $2295

Premium black sunrider soft top $595

Black freedom 3 piece top Included verse Body color 3 piece top $1200

Mopar mesh subbonnet top $150

Mopar solid subbonnet top $250

Tonneau Cover - What is this? I would like a hard cover on the bed.

Hard Tri-fold Tonneau Cover by Mopar $595

Roll-Up Tonneau Cover $595

Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover by Mopar $950

Bedliner spray in: $495 Is there a better plastic after market liner instead of the spray?

Remote keyless entry $495- or is the Viper I have better?

Interior colors? What goes good with the dark granite gray?

Interior cloth included or leather trim $1595. Or should I get cloth and get leather after market?

Sound system: Uconnect 4 with 8.4 inch

soft top window storage bag $75

windshield tie down strap by mopar $40

floor mats all weather slush mats $165, keep this or after market is better?

Hard top headliner: $555 (what is this?)

Interior assist handles by morpar $95

8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission (do you agree get this over the manual?)

Premium lights LED $1195 (Get this or get LED after market such as Oracle)

Cold weather group $995

Trailer tow package $350

Jeep® Active Safety Group $900

Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning+$795

Cargo Management Group with Trail Rail System $895 (is this worth it?)

Smoker's Group lighter and ash tray $30

Auxiliary Switch Group $295

4.10 axle ratio included

Engine block heater $85

Diesel engine: VM Motori-built 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel. Estimated $2000 more?

Total cost: 64,560
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck.... almost everything is going to be opinions and based on wide variation of needs. My must haves on my Rubicon were LED headlights, manual transmission, spray in bed liner and hard top. I prefer manual transmission but the clutch takes some getting used to and the 8 speed auto is one of the best Jeep autos every - plus if you go diesel it’s the only trans available. Tonneau cover is $150-$500 aftermarket add on, soft top costs me $1149 aftermarket. I added my own Ace Engineering bumper and winch but the factory steel one is solid. The factory 33 AT tires are very capable. Checkout my built journal https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/jtr-spartacus-build-journal.27505/ And YouTube for install and offfoad videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPjtKjjapmiUqYu0lVII9jg. Good luck !!!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
by the way the one option I didn’t get that I regret is. Forward facing trail cam $595. I off-road and it shows what’s in front if you on. The screen on the radio/navigation unit. I’m getting a Tazer and forward facing camera now to do this aftermarket but the factory option is pretty slick.

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Ecodiesel Gladiator Rubicon JT370 AEV pkg.
JTR.Spartacus
Would you explain the Dual top group $2295 please?

This buying process is complicated because I've been out of Jeeps for 30 years.

Thanks!

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Would you explain the Dual top group $2295 please?

This buying process is complicated because I've been out of Jeeps for 30 years.

Thanks!
It’s both a hard top and a soft top. The soft top will come in a giant box in the bed.

Sponsored

cbl1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Jeep Compass Limited, Audi Q8
lots of questions there I have a couple answers

Lift - I would just get the 2" Mopar factory lift if warranty concerns. On the Rubicon that is probably a sweet spot for the lift.

The hard top is 3 pieces (all are with removable front freedom panels - t top like - and then the rear section)

The black matte grill is just that black grill instead of body colored grill.

The diesel is not available for order currently (maybe by Augusts with October deliveries possible). I personally wouldn't want to order one in the first 6 months - let any minor bugs work their way out. And I think the price is around $4000 more if I'm not mistaken from videos about (as it is available in wrangler)

The 8 speed auto is very nice

The factory slush mats are real nice.

Live in the north midwest - cold weather package no brainer (great heated seats)

Trail rail package - you can do for cheaper (do you want the interior storage unit). I think it comes down to do you want the underneath seat case or not as the trail rails can be added later.

The factory liner is a little thinner then what you would get having Line-X do aftermarket for same price.

If you like the look of the factory steal bumper get the factory bumper. If not wait and do aftermarket. I really like the factory one myself (wish my build had it).

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
My JTR is very close to what you speced. GCM, tan leather (eliminates the in my opinion ugly red dash), auto, cold weather, black hard top, aux switches, body colored fenders, Steel bumper, 8.4, etc.

The lift and tires depends on how you will use it. If you are Rock crawling a lift is prudent, but simply driving off road or in sand or mud, you can easily run 35s on a JTR with no lift.

I posted a picture of my window sticker and a few of my jeep with the Mopar lift, 37s, steel oem bumper w/Warn winch, Rigid lights and the soft oem tonneau cover. My price was $56k, so you should be able to do much better.

1EB69AC4-0957-46CC-921C-B6D0AC782ED1.jpeg

E21553B6-A467-4AE2-BA2F-62E0405D64F9.jpeg

B61A616D-42F7-4DC1-B87E-CB6AB1BB387D.jpeg

164F6680-DBCC-40F7-9F31-99E946AA52D7.jpeg

322A038F-F7C7-4E45-9407-606296CBE9E9.jpeg

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hello!

I hope this is not asking too much but I need some help building this order because I am a little confused and want to have no regrets when I get it.
I will ask my questions first, then if you would please look down the list and give me some advise it's appreciated. THANKS!!

My end use is the Rubicon Gladiator will be a second vehicle, probably my last jeep due to I'm 60 years old; I will take it off road on occasion on some weekends but mostly a secondary rider toy...

1) My first question is what add-on options should I not get because it would be better and perhaps less expensive to get aftermarket?
2) I want to get a lift kit, I'm thinking 2.5 inch can I get a warranty approved lift? If not who has the best lift kit?
3) I am considering the diesel engine (VM Motori-built 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel) , as oppose to the gas engine what are your thoughts? I want heavy duty.
4) I'm thinking to get 35 inch tires after I get the vehicle, do I just order stock 33 inch tires and rims and sell them then buy new 35 inch rims and tires? Any tire rim recommendations?
5) I see it comes with winch capable steel front bumper as a $845 add on... Would I be better to not get the option and getting a modified after market bumber with a good winch?
6) Is the 4.1 axle the right one that I can keep or does this need changed?
7) I live up in the North midwest where it can get cold and want a hard top, but want the one I can dissemble and open up easily in summer which option is that?
8) I see it comes with a LED option is it better to get this with the order or should I skip it and get a different set up after market?
9) I have a viper remote starter alarm on my car, should I skip the Jeep Gladiator option and get the Viper so I can use my one remote?
10) I thought to get the automatic transmission because I'm almost 60 years old, but I had a CJ Jeep with a manual transmission and just want to make sure the automatic is the right vehicle.

The price not including discounts and tax is calculating at: $64,560, I will get some discounts such as employee discount and some other dealer discounts so I don't know what that will come out to. I want to figure out the order first.

If you could review down my list and write if you would get it or not and advise it would be appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Granite Crystal metallic clear coat $245 ( what do you think of this dark Granite verse the dark military green)?

Winch capable steel front bumper $845 (or should I buy an after market bumper?)

Satan Black grill $195 (what is this?)

Forward facing trail cam $595 (what is this?)

Body color fender flares $495 ( I like black rubber only so should I skip this?)

15 x 7.5 standard wheels verse the aluminum for $995 (will this fit 35 inch tires?)

33 inch All Terrain tires verse the Mud Tires (which is easier to sell?) What do you recommend as far as tires and rims close to military type?

TOPS: Please help choose a hard top that can be disassembled.

Dual top group $2295

Premium black sunrider soft top $595

Black freedom 3 piece top Included verse Body color 3 piece top $1200

Mopar mesh subbonnet top $150

Mopar solid subbonnet top $250

Tonneau Cover - What is this? I would like a hard cover on the bed.

Hard Tri-fold Tonneau Cover by Mopar $595

Roll-Up Tonneau Cover $595

Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover by Mopar $950

Bedliner spray in: $495 Is there a better plastic after market liner instead of the spray?

Remote keyless entry $495- or is the Viper I have better?

Interior colors? What goes good with the dark granite gray?

Interior cloth included or leather trim $1595. Or should I get cloth and get leather after market?

Sound system: Uconnect 4 with 8.4 inch

soft top window storage bag $75

windshield tie down strap by mopar $40

floor mats all weather slush mats $165, keep this or after market is better?

Hard top headliner: $555 (what is this?)

Interior assist handles by morpar $95

8-Speed Automatic 850RE Transmission (do you agree get this over the manual?)

Premium lights LED $1195 (Get this or get LED after market such as Oracle)

Cold weather group $995

Trailer tow package $350

Jeep® Active Safety Group $900

Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning+$795

Cargo Management Group with Trail Rail System $895 (is this worth it?)

Smoker's Group lighter and ash tray $30

Auxiliary Switch Group $295

4.10 axle ratio included

Engine block heater $85

Diesel engine: VM Motori-built 3.0L V6 EcoDiesel. Estimated $2000 more?

Total cost: 64,560
Like you this was my retirement truck and dirt truck ( taking it to the grave,) . So I optioned it the way I wanted it, Rubicon, steel front Bumper, tow package, LED light, auxiliary switches, trail rail set (I probably could have saved money going after market) same with the roll up toneau, automatic, spray in bed liner, hard top, headliner ( definitely should have gone aftermarket). I could have added front camera and 8 inch screen but wanted this to be at a price I did not have to struggle to make each month and knew I will probably be adding a few items as I see I need them like larger tires, belly skid system, etc. This part never ends with a Jeep.
Sponsored

Last edited: