Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. IMG_0928

Hi, JeepGladiatorForum!

We're Joe and Cam from Harker Outdoors and we build the Expedition Driven Camper (EDC) for Jeep Gladiator. We're thrilled to be joining you and this amazing community of Jeep Gladiator enthusiasts!

We are proud to be an American Built company! Our campers are designed and manufactured right here in beautiful Bountiful, Utah. Every possible element of the EDC, right down to our tents which are sewn locally, is designed, sourced, fabricated, and assembled right here in America! We have an amazing crew that is building campers we speak as we ramp up for the coming overlanding and camping season.

We designed EDC to be the ultimate utilitarian small truck expedition camper! We have been doing this off roading/overlanding thing for many years and have gone through the natural progression of gear and rigs on our personal builds. From roof top tents, to pull-behind off-road trailers, and eventually becoming infatuated with the simplicity, utility, and trail-friendliness of the wedge camper. While we loved what we were seeing in the existing wedge camper market, we felt there was still ample innovation left to be explored in the segment.

The areas in which we thought we could innovate were the entry (eliminating the crawl-to-enter, trap-door annoyance every current wedge camper offered), bed size (all of the wedge campers had beds that were just too small for two adults to comfortably occupy), standing room (wedge campers just didn't offer much in this area), and purpose-built recovery gear storage solutions.

So that's exactly what we did with the Expedition Driven Camper! After two years of product development and testing we are proud to say that we eliminated the craw-to-enter/trap-door annoyance with our standing entry, made a lift-away bed on struts large enough for a full-size mattress footprint (58x90") to solve the sleeping room problem, and developed an innovative tailgate annex which encloses your truck's tailgate giving you 30% more interior space, and our tailgate annex in conjunction with the LiftAway sleep platform gives you 300% more standing room than other wedge campers! We did all this while keeping the EDC lightweight at a nimble 300 lbs, and the setup/teardown time under 60 seconds. Our LiftAway bed allows you to keep your bedding in place while it's lifted, and also while the camper is stowed for driving which means no more stuffing sleeping bags between destinations. We solved the recovery gear storage problem by utilizing incredibly strong L-Track rails for exterior gear storage freeing up interior space for your clean gear and living space.

There are so many more cool things that we will share about EDC, and we'll be making a separate post with specs and pricing but wanted to give this brief introduction to say hello, and let you know that we're excited to build you some amazing campers for your Jeep Gladiators!

You can always reach us with any questions here on the forum via DM, email, or through our Instagram and Facebook pages.

-Joe and Cam
Harker Outdoors

www.harkeroutdoors.com
IG: @HarkerOutdoors
[email protected]

Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. IMG_1290.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ryanveld

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
gov
Awesome! I just live up in North Ogden. I'll have to check these out.

Outdork

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Realtor & Property Manager
Very interested, especially if you have a better way to solve the mountain bike transport as well! - Jeff in St. George, UT

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
Very interested, especially if you have a better way to solve the mountain bike transport as well! - Jeff in St. George, UT

Glad to hear it! We have our own mounting system that we offer which prioritizes weight savings, and we can accommodate other style bike racks as well whether they are roof or side mounted. We'd love to find a solution that works for you.

Jeep Gladiator Hi, We're Harker Outdoors! We build Expedition Driven Campers for Jeep Gladiator. IMG_0035.JPG

Last edited:

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
I love how that rack goes over the roof a little bit. If only there was a way to make that into a rack instead of a camper. Would allow to have a larger tent easier. Never been a fan of campers (in my new and limited experience with looking into overlanding) as the weight is greater than the racks I am looking at.

Yours does look outstanding btw. I can definitely see the utility with the tent on top, enclosed space, and bike options

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
I love how that rack goes over the roof a little bit. If only there was a way to make that into a rack instead of a camper. Would allow to have a larger tent easier. Never been a fan of campers (in my new and limited experience with looking into overlanding) as the weight is greater than the racks I am looking at.

Yours does look outstanding btw. I can definitely see the utility with the tent on top, enclosed space, and bike options

Weight savings is a huge element of our design. You might be surprised where you come out after you add a rack and a roof top tent. The Expedition Driven Camper is only 300lbs, and sets up in 30 seconds. Thanks for checking in!

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Weight savings is a huge element of our design. You might be surprised where you come out after you add a rack and a roof top tent. The Expedition Driven Camper is only 300lbs, and sets up in 30 seconds. Thanks for checking in!
Right, and some racks alone are close to 200lbs. Something like the JCR rack is only 87lbs.

Wait a minute, your camper includes a liftaway top, that isnt a separate tent on top?

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I’ve had my EDC for a couple of months now. Just got back from the Lake Havasu and Lake Mead areas. I love my EDC!! As a female, one of my biggest complaints about a side entry RTT was when I had to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. The EDC solves this problem. No more climbing up and down 7’ ladders! I keep my port-a-potty in the gladiator bed (fully enclosed) and make the short transition from sleeping bed to pick up bed. Easy peasy! No more getting out in the cold or rain. Let me know if you have any questions. And BTW, Cam and Joe have become like brothers. I didn’t know them before I ordered my EDC and I don’t get any “kickbacks”, but I can honestly say they run the greatest company I’ve ever dealt with. I even have their personal cell number. You can’t say that about the other RTT companies.

Sponsored

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
Right, and some racks alone are close to 200lbs. Something like the JCR rack is only 87lbs.

Wait a minute, your camper includes a liftaway top, that isnt a separate tent on top?
That’s correct. The camper is a wedge tent design. The tent is part of (and included with) the camper.

Mac Attack

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Will be buying Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Whatever you want...I can supervise!
I am interested, but am not enamored with the entry. Appears there is no good way to get in and out without keeping pesky bugs at bay. Still think the Alucab canopy camper would do a better job of that. Although, much prefer the size of this bed and the fact it is USA made and better price. Have found that I am having a much harder time finding a suitable canopy camper than finding the vehicle I want. Will check out your website...Thanks.

OP
OP
HarkerOutdoors

HarkerOutdoors

First Name
Harker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Harker Outdoors
Vehicle Showcase
I am interested, but am not enamored with the entry. Appears there is no good way to get in and out without keeping pesky bugs at bay. Still think the Alucab canopy camper would do a better job of that. Although, much prefer the size of this bed and the fact it is USA made and better price. Have found that I am having a much harder time finding a suitable canopy camper than finding the vehicle I want. Will check out your website...Thanks.
I've sent you a PM to try to better understand your concern. Every camper/tent is of course going to require opening a door to get in/out. We are glad you recognize just how competitive our price is in comparison with the broader market.

DebT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
It’s possible your concern comes from the picture I posted with the annex wide open. That’s the good thing about the annex....you can leave it wide open if you’re not worried about bugs, dust, etc., but you can also zip it shut and just unzip the middle of the door to get in. Let me post another picture so you can reference what I’m talking about.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.