Black Friday Wheeling

Chargingstar

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Yeah I have to be able to respond to call outs within an hour and with my luck we will be in a spot I don't have cell coverage and then I'd have to make it back home to switch out for the work vehicle. You guys enjoy the day and have lots of fun
Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Trail suggestions?

I should be in. Iā€™m planning on it. If there was any snow near Idaho springs, it should be gone as itā€™s sunny with high in the 40ā€™s today. High in 50ā€™s tomorrow there. Also sunny.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Trail suggestions?
My only idea is cascade. But open to others. I canā€™t be gone as long tomorrow, so selfishly would love something a bit closer. It wonā€™t bother me if others want somewhere else though.

edit. I can get the trail book out later though to see if thereā€™s anything else. I certainly donā€™t know even close to all the spots.

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
As the self proclaimed newbie as long as stock will make it Iā€™m good. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll be fording any deep water at the moment. Cascade seems to be about an hour and a half away which works for me but Iā€™m down for something else.

Depending on the time tomorrow my girlfriend may ride with me as sheā€™s been wanting me to take her on a trail since sheā€™s never really done one before.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
As the self proclaimed newbie as long as stock will make it Iā€™m good. Donā€™t think Iā€™ll be fording any deep water at the moment. Cascade seems to be about an hour and a half away which works for me but Iā€™m down for something else.

Depending on the time tomorrow my girlfriend may ride with me as sheā€™s been wanting me to take her on a trail since sheā€™s never really done one before.
No water I can recall. Iā€™d be shocked if you had one problem. Iā€™m stock as well. Donā€™t get me wrong, youā€™ll use your OE skids in at least one spot. But wonā€™t actually damage anything.

Cascade Creek OHV Route on AllTrails
https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/colorado/cascade-creek-4x4-road?p=38571905

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have any other suggestions/ideas?

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
I don't know how snowy Tin Cup is.
Or Red Cone. I have seen people take a stock Willys on Red Cone. But I felt it was rough on the climb. The gulches could be fun, but intense. I feel like Dan has done China Wall and Mini Moab. Always down to do them again, but...

Anyone have any other suggestions/ideas?

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Schubarth and Balanced Rock are pretty. Easy with the exception of one section on each. Those are way down here. The run out of balanced rock has some good opportunity to get technical.

I don't know how snowy Tin Cup is.
Or Red Cone. I have seen people take a stock Willys on Red Cone. But I felt it was rough on the climb. The gulches could be fun, but intense. I feel like Dan has done China Wall and Mini Moab. Always down to do them again, but...

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
You will be fine. Go slow. We can help pick good lines. We will put you in the middle of the pack.
Disconnect that sway bar. Air down a bit. I can air you up after. I use 4 low. Let the engine do the work downhill. Stay off brakes til you need them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DocMike

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Education
Getting votes for Metberry Gulch etc and Rainbow Falls from @FR33DOM

The gulches look super fun.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Have fun if you go there. Looks great. I canā€™t be gone that long tomorrow though. Iā€™ll join next time. Metberry appears to be 4 hours from me.

Stsdroog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon, 2021 JT Rubicon
I'm in for whatever trail. Cascade is the only doable trail in that immediate area right now. Looks like Devils Canyon is shut down And the fork is a bit too much for stock trucks IMO.

Looks like Webster and Red cone are marked as impassable as well.

Offroadnewbie

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
You will be fine. Go slow. We can help pick good lines. We will put you in the middle of the pack.
Disconnect that sway bar. Air down a bit. I can air you up after. I use 4 low. Let the engine do the work downhill. Stay off brakes til you need them.
I bought a cheap Pittsburgh 150 psi Harbor Freight air compressor this week. Testing it out today before heading out to stuff myself on turkey but should be good for one or two uses.

Adding a sway bar quick disconnect to the list of upgrades since I never thought about it before. Doesnā€™t look very hard to disconnect them manually and reconnect them from what Iā€™m seeing but definitely see the appeal of the quick disconnects!