First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2006 Lexus IS 250
Build Thread
Link
What's up everybody who chooses to check out the build!

This is the first time doing a build journal and I am stoked on it! We got our 2020 Gladiator Sport S at the end of December, and we traded in the mom car after deciding we wanted to have more fun! Still have the runaround car... So this is my wife's new mom car!

We bought it CPO w/ 15k miles on it. It came w/ rock sliders, and the body armor (which I hated until I got some different wheels!) It fit everything we were looking for with the ACC, blind spot monitoring, heated seats and heated wheel! I know those are all in packages but I can't remember what they're called. It also has the tow package, wish it was max tow, but what do you do? It has the 3.6l where ya know, when you're buying used, you don't get to choose. But with where diesel prices are at, with no lowering in site.. We are okay without the diesel! We paid $38,000 before license/fees for it if you're curious.

Since the Gladiator came out we've always thought they looked butt ugly stock. Still do, so we knew in the back of our minds if we got one, it was going up, and out!

So right off the rip we opted for the Teraflex 3.5" Alpine RT3 short arm long travel, and ended up w/ some Teraflex Nomads! Oh, and we did some Fox take offs & some shock extensions!

Here's a couple pics when it was new to us, and some flexing w/ the lift kit!

Jeep Gladiator El Guapo - Billet Silver JT Sport S 69404488968__C4B5F7B8-25F1-4F9B-A844-FA8676C02781

Jeep Gladiator El Guapo - Billet Silver JT Sport S 69404490283__AB3B9541-1769-47E0-8469-983D66B3F683

Jeep Gladiator El Guapo - Billet Silver JT Sport S IMG_1435

So the build journal will be mainly for me, to keep track of what the priorities are going forward... There so much you can do to these.. Especially when you start w/ a Sport that you could end up selling the house real quick!

So we got the sliders...
body armor (though if it were mine from the start I would not have done that, but there's plenty of holes in the body that I can't go back now)
Lift kit
Wheels

Next on the list in no order will be..

37's (Mickey Thompson Baja Boss)
ARB Twin Compressor (If I can figure out away around that damn aux battery.. That thing scares me to death)
Aux Battery delete
Bed rack (already have the tent from previous trucks, CVT Mt Rainier)
Recon Style from bumper.. Is that what you call the 3 piece? The one you can make stubby? Either factory or aftermarket.. I am hoping someone will have a take off they're selling for cheap!
I have factory Rubicon fenders for when it's time to do the 37's..
I have Oracle LED Fog lights w/ Halo for when I can find a Rubicon type bumper (I have to buy a $50 bracket for them to fit my ugly bumper... No thanks!)
LED headlights.. Either factory if I can find some take offs or Oracle..? Still deciding.

That's all I can think of for now! Let me know what input or recommendations you have!

Found a pic w/ the nomads!

Jeep Gladiator El Guapo - Billet Silver JT Sport S IMG_2014
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jclow801

Jclow801

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
After a long break from the journal we are back with some updates!

First & foremost we have procured some 37’s! Can’t say that I thought this was happening anytime soon but came across a deal on some used Patagonias on some of the 392 wheels for super cheap. So jumped on those and got ‘Em mounted. It was a debate between whether or not we liked the nomads better or not for their functionality. But we choose from over function this time. Here’s some pics for the decision making.

IMG_3427.jpeg

OP
OP
Jclow801

Jclow801

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
As you can see by the last photo we did get the rack and tent mounted.. It is a Trailrax rack with the sides that open. We found it second hand and already had the tent! Very happy with it. The next obstacle is to determine what to do with the sag you can see in the last post.. It looks a lot worse than it really is because we are also looking at 34’s vs 37’s. But it’s an issue that’s driving me nuts.

We also installed some Rubicon fenders to give the 37’s some extra room.

Here’s a pic wheeling.

IMG_3092.jpeg

OP
OP
Jclow801

Jclow801

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Now for the most recent update, we went with a Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper with the hoop! I mentioned in previous posts that I had some oracle fogs and both those went in! Excuse the hot dogs.

70760317332__2CE3732C-C4FE-4B17-8DC7-2FFDC7AA9F57.jpeg

OP
OP
Jclow801

Jclow801

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Weighed the gladiator today. 5780lbs with about a half tank of fuel. I weighed it because I’ve heard there’s an algorithm for the correct tire pressure. With how round the carcass is on these Patagonias I want to get them wearing as uniform as possible! Also had to adjust my steering wheel. It was a little off since we did the lift (a couple months) and the ACC & ABS was freaking out because it knows the wheel isn’t straight. It is really easy to do!
Sponsored