That's pretty cool.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Was planning on doing this once different colors are available. Will prob go to pixie decal to get it in the J10 font though

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Was planning on doing this once different colors are available. Will prob go to pixie decal to get it in the J10 font though
This appears to be raised letters like the stock. Remember there are 2 holes behind the stock logo on the back. So it isn't as easy as popping that off and stick on a decal.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
I scratch my head and wonder how those 2 holes get dealt with. After reading the posts from @steffen707 I know there’s a lot of work involved with properly filling in those 2 holes. Does anyone know about how this gets handled here? The web site says nothing at all about this.

This appears to be raised letters like the stock. Remember there are 2 holes behind the stock logo on the back. So it isn't as easy as popping that off and stick on a decal.

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
I scratch my head and wonder how those 2 holes get dealt with. After reading the posts from @steffen707 I know there’s a lot of work involved with properly filling in those 2 holes. Does anyone know about how this gets handled here? The web site says nothing at all about this.
Yeah, I would imagine that they are stick on and you line em up over the holes. Idk though

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Am not certain but I think the 2 holes may stick out just a tad. Hey @steffen707 am I right here or are the 2 holes flush with the rest of the tailgate metal? Thanks to advise.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Am not certain but I think the 2 holes may stick out just a tad. Hey @steffen707 am I right here or are the 2 holes flush with the rest of the tailgate metal? Thanks to advise.
They do not stick out they are flush with the tailgate metal.

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
D2E1DBCA-88B6-437C-9F44-F936A5ED83A5.png
Hey @steffen707 just curious to know how you get the remains of the original “JEEP” badge removed. Would I have to repaint the tailgate?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D2E1DBCA-88B6-437C-9F44-F936A5ED83A5.png
Hey @steffen707 just curious to know how you get the remains of the original “JEEP” badge removed. Would I have to repaint the tailgate?
i just sprayed it with Rain-X bug and tar remover, came off like butter. only reason you would need to repaint is if you fill the holes with resin like I did and then sand the resin in the hole too much, or too wide. Those holes are only the top of an eraser.

So I just ripped a piece of sanding paper and wrapped it around my fingertip and then lightly made 1 directional passes over the resin to sand flush.

I did like 180grit, 800 grit, 3000 grit.

I'M NOT A BODY REPAIR GUY, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK OR CONSULT A PROFESSIONAL.

but mine came out just fine. It felt really odd sanding a perfectly new tailgate, but so did spray painting my freedom panels!

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
i just sprayed it with Rain-X bug and tar remover, came off like butter. only reason you would need to repaint is if you fill the holes with resin like I did and then sand the resin in the hole too much, or too wide. Those holes are only the top of an eraser.

So I just ripped a piece of sanding paper and wrapped it around my fingertip and then lightly made 1 directional passes over the resin to sand flush.

but mine came out just fine. It felt really odd sanding a perfectly new tailgate, but so did spray painting my freedom panels!
You could just fill it with clear silicone and then put the new badge on top of it. This would ensure no water gets in there and it's easily removable if you ever need to. The new badge covers the holes anyway so it's no big deal

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Thanks for those comments.

Sponsored