Sponsored

“Turning a lemon into Snazzberry lemonade”

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Many years as a Ram and Rubicon Wrangler buyer.

Kind of really wanted a Gladiator more this last go round in 2020. However, went with a Ram Limited for the comforts.

Been in a lemon law battle over this Ram truck now going on 9 months. As it can’t really be driven, it’s just been irritating yard art.

Looking into what to replace it with when the time came, a local, typical slick dick dealer BS move regarding a new Gladiator deal prompted me to leave.

I then call another Jeep dealer a state up and a thousand miles away.

I’d done business with this far away dealer in the past and they were always upfront and good people, especially the dealership owner.

I initially thought though that because of the covid situation, me so far away from the dealership currently, it would be a big hassle to buy one from them. The paperwork, actually getting the Jeep etc.

Anyway, I tell them I was all hot for a new JTR. However, since I just heard about the Mojave version, I may have some interest in a JTM. Though, I need to look into the Mojave more since I know so little about them.

The owner of Legacy Jeep says he will put in a Mojave AND a Rubi order for me to my specs so I can decide when they both come in.

Legacy Jeep/Ram has no skin in the game of my lemon law buyback.

In fact, at this point of placing the orders, if FCA pushed me over the edge during this far too long lemon law fiasco (in which they sent the paperwork with the figures wrong to FCA advantage of course) I could be done with buying any FCA vehicle. Then, I wouldn’t take either Gladiator that would then be on his books at my request.

I reply, “Wow! You’d really do that?”

He responds, “Sure, you know I’m a Jeeper too, I get it.”

He stayed true to his words and great price, sent a Fedex packet with paid return envelope to my house.

48 hours later, despite a huge blizzard to hit the dealership at time of the JT send off, the Gladiator shows up at my doorstep as promised.

So, big thanks to Legacy Jeep in Oregon. That is fantastic customer service big time!

Some years back, Legacy trucked a Ram and met me getting in at the airport (4 hours from their dealership) to save me time driving back home.

And, that was on one of those extreme clearance Ram deals where they are like a legit $15k off a $56k sticker. So, not a lot of fat in that sale to go to such lengths for a first time, and possibly only time, customer! Yet, they did.

Big thanks to so many of you on this forum as well.

Why?

Well, your posts, comments, good and bad, pics etc that I followed over the last several months to learn as much as I could about the Gladiator, sure helped bring me back to the Jeep side.

I’m again continually smiling ear to ear, just as I did every time I drove my ’16 JKR, each time I look at and/or take this JT out.

Now, she best not blow a loose fuse, use her secondary battery to act up, show a P0300 code nor pee on anyone if they’re riding her back seat on a rainy day! 😳

BEE0DA82-BAE8-4346-87B2-739D1F3B6E4A.jpeg
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
She’s purdy.

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Wait, you skipped the part of the story where you decided on either the R or M.

Sponsored

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
What finally happened to the RAM? Or did I miss something in the story.

OP
OP
SnazGlad

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Wait, you skipped the part of the story where you decided on either the R or M.
Awe, yes, the near countless sleepless nights of over the last few months (being a Rubi only guy for years) and thinking about and worrying about stepping out on her.

Well, both Rubi and Moja are really nicely set up.

However, based on my hands on, identical, long, back to back test drives of each on city streets, off road up and down dirt hills with ruts and bumps, onto the freeway and back to the dealership, I went Mojave.

The extra lift from the factory, the shocks, the bigger seats/steering wheel, hood etc.

I travel often state to state in heavy snow, floods, mudslides etc. Never once have needed my front locker in my prior Rubicons. In regards to rock crawling, done a good amount of it, I wouldn't do so in a JT due to its length anyway.

I have the need for speed over washboard roads, pot holes etc that the Mojave delivers.

Again though, being a Rubicon guy for a long time, not knocking them at all.

OP
OP
SnazGlad

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
What finally happened to the RAM? Or did I miss something in the story.
It's still out in my front yard collecting bird crap since it can't be driven.

Dermatitis, or whatever FCA is calling itself these days, is allegedly working on getting the buyback figure they messed up right. Basic math a 3rd grader could do. You know.

Meanwhile, I must say, the JT is awesome.

Hoping and praying I've had my one lemon so the Gladiator will be nothing but sweet to me.

Litfury

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
It's still out in my front yard collecting bird crap since it can't be driven.

Dermatitis, or whatever FCA is calling itself these days, is allegedly working on getting the buyback figure they messed up right. Basic math a 3rd grader could do. You know.

Meanwhile, I must say, the JT is awesome.

Hoping and praying I've had my one lemon so the Gladiator will be nothing but sweet to me.
Sorry to hear that. Hope it gets resolved soon.

CallMeJoe

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Occupation
Retired
Didn't think I liked that color but damn...... that's nice..... Well played

As an aside, I FINALLY got to use the front locker on my jtr a couple days ago. Deep snow, pulling my teardrop trailer. It WORKS!
timbrentest01.jpg

Sponsored

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Many years as a Ram and Rubicon Wrangler buyer.

Kind of really wanted a Gladiator more this last go round in 2020. However, went with a Ram Limited for the comforts.

Been in a lemon law battle over this Ram truck now going on 9 months. As it can’t really be driven, it’s just been irritating yard art.

Looking into what to replace it with when the time came, a local, typical slick dick dealer BS move regarding a new Gladiator deal prompted me to leave.

I then call another Jeep dealer a state up and a thousand miles away.

I’d done business with this far away dealer in the past and they were always upfront and good people, especially the dealership owner.

I initially thought though that because of the covid situation, me so far away from the dealership currently, it would be a big hassle to buy one from them. The paperwork, actually getting the Jeep etc.

Anyway, I tell them I was all hot for a new JTR. However, since I just heard about the Mojave version, I may have some interest in a JTM. Though, I need to look into the Mojave more since I know so little about them.

The owner of Legacy Jeep says he will put in a Mojave AND a Rubi order for me to my specs so I can decide when they both come in.

Legacy Jeep/Ram has no skin in the game of my lemon law buyback.

In fact, at this point of placing the orders, if FCA pushed me over the edge during this far too long lemon law fiasco (in which they sent the paperwork with the figures wrong to FCA advantage of course) I could be done with buying any FCA vehicle. Then, I wouldn’t take either Gladiator that would then be on his books at my request.

I reply, “Wow! You’d really do that?”

He responds, “Sure, you know I’m a Jeeper too, I get it.”

He stayed true to his words and great price, sent a Fedex packet with paid return envelope to my house.

48 hours later, despite a huge blizzard to hit the dealership at time of the JT send off, the Gladiator shows up at my doorstep as promised.

So, big thanks to Legacy Jeep in Oregon. That is fantastic customer service big time!

Some years back, Legacy trucked a Ram and met me getting in at the airport (4 hours from their dealership) to save me time driving back home.

And, that was on one of those extreme clearance Ram deals where they are like a legit $15k off a $56k sticker. So, not a lot of fat in that sale to go to such lengths for a first time, and possibly only time, customer! Yet, they did.

Big thanks to so many of you on this forum as well.

Why?

Well, your posts, comments, good and bad, pics etc that I followed over the last several months to learn as much as I could about the Gladiator, sure helped bring me back to the Jeep side.

I’m again continually smiling ear to ear, just as I did every time I drove my ’16 JKR, each time I look at and/or take this JT out.

Now, she best not blow a loose fuse, use her secondary battery to act up, show a P0300 code nor pee on anyone if they’re riding her back seat on a rainy day! 😳

Jeep Gladiator “Turning a lemon into Snazzberry lemonade” timbrentest01
Don't forget to join the Snazzberry forum on here. Your JTM will be very welcome.

OP
OP
SnazGlad

SnazGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Don't forget to join the Snazzberry forum on here. Your JTM will be very welcome.
Thanks for reminding me. I spent a good deal of time on that page in the forum while hoping Snazzbberry, that I ordered without seeing it in person, would be a decent color in person. WOW, it's great! Cameras or video just don't capture it to its fullest or best. I'll drop over to that forum page and check in.

Snzzbry_Ovrlnd

First Name
Lin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Army
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for reminding me. I spent a good deal of time on that page in the forum while hoping Snazzbberry, that I ordered without seeing it in person, would be a decent color in person. WOW, it's great! Cameras or video just don't capture it to its fullest or best. I'll drop over to that forum page and check in.
We look forward to seeing you. Now if I could just find some Georgia people who weren't in Atlanta. Lol.