Sponsored

3d model of gladiator

Dubs Chops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone have an accurate 3d design of a gladiator? The one in the sketchup warehouse is not accurate enough to build a camper off of. Hoping someone have something out there they wouldn't mind sharing.

Thanks

BW
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
https://hum3d.com/3d-models/jeep-gladiator-2020/

I bought this one; a pretty good representation for the body. Close enough for preliminary design, at least.

The model is not perfect, however; it has leaf-springs in the rear and the interior is incorrect (maybe springing for the detailed interior option would have it correct, but I didn't get that). I spent some time correcting layers/groups and cleaning up some unnecessary parts of the model (for example, the spare tire is modeled with the brake disc and pad).

You can import the .obj version directly into SketchUp or they can convert it to .skp for you for free once you've bought the model (I tried both, hoping the .skp would be a smaller file size, but it is actually twice as large).

Be sure to post up your camper models for feedback! I plan to post my ideas once I have something worth sharing.

OP
OP

Dubs Chops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator Rubicon
will do, I just dont want to choke up $75. to make measuring a little easier. SMH

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
It's cheaper than buying a JT (which I don't have yet!). I am using it for visualization and conceptual design purposes since it should be close enough for that; once I get a JT I'll take actual measurements before building anything full-sized. I'd have probably skipped the model if I already had a JT in the stable.
Sponsored