Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Altitude, Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Jeep Gladiator A hose dragger’s MT JT Mojave Build image

Finally! Got a surprise call from my dealer yesterday after the truck bringing it from Toledo dropped off the grid. I’ll post again later. Figured I’d let the good people know my nightmare is over. Back to picking up storm debris.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Hey everyone,

It’s been busy lately, so nothing done to the JT Mojave yet. I have ordered a BakFlip Revolver tonneau cover and a Rugged Ridge 9” stubby antennae and the antenna holder. Still haven’t gotten those yet due to supply issues.

I’m having a conundrum with potential supercharger kits to install. I’m not sure what brand I should go with: Edlebrock, RIPP, Pro Charger, or Hamburger. There’s a sect of people that swear by each one, but I’d like to get y’alls opinions.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I’m having a conundrum with potential supercharger kits to install. I’m not sure what brand I should go with: Edlebrock, RIPP, Pro Charger, or Hamburger. There’s a sect of people that swear by each one, but I’d like to get y’alls opinions.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
I get it, I get it
But seriously, Hamburger is working to get certified by FCA (or whatever they call themselves now) as factory-approved. That in and of itself puts them at the top of the list for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
But seriously, Hamburger is working to get certified by FCA (or whatever they call themselves now) as factory-approved. That in and of itself puts them at the top of the list for me.
That’s an extremely good point, and one that I had forgotten about. I need to do more research into Hamburger then, and try to find a dealer/installer that won’t require ritual sacrifice as payment.

jalbrecht55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJR
OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
Very interested to see what S/C you go with. Another fellow with M/T tried the procharger but had issues with the belt/drive they believe caused during shifting with the M/T. I’d read about some brands having or talking about having a one way pulley to reduce the sudden deceleration on the S/C when shifting.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ion-experience-procharger-supercharger.17458/
I’ve heard the same thing from a few people. Right now, I’m leaning towards the Hamburger or RIPP. I just don’t think Edelbrock brings enough to the table, power wise, for what you’re paying for....whenever they release the JT kit that is.

OP
OP
RJW10877

RJW10877

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Firefighter/ EMT
So, I’m a little over a month in to owning my JT and I must say, it’s a blast to drive. Anyways, I’ve only done a few small things so far.

-Removed the factory gladiator sticker because on a GCM paint job, you can see the sticker outlines at all times.
-Installed a Rugged Ridge Elite Antenna Base w/ 9” Reflex Antenna
-Bought all-weather floor mats
-Installed a BakFlip Revolver X4 tonneau cover

The wife is actually making me save up for a supercharger, so no childish impulse buy as of right now...unfortunately
Sponsored