First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Due to the national resin shortage from the storms in TX this past winter, my CX HD is still on back order but I'm told it will be built and shipped to my dealer by the end of June. I talked with them and the HD is the only one they recommend with a RTT. You might be good on the highway with the non HD version with RTT but the forces off road make that 150lb tent act like a 400 lb tent. The HD version is rated at 500lbs IF you order with their cross bars. If you order with just the tracks to use say Yakima or Rhino rack bars then the rating is 200lbs. It has to do with the placement and how their cross bars tie into the internal skeleton.
Sponsored

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
For this with the Evolve, could you please post pics of the rear glass? Thanks!! I'm going to order one and debating options..

curtdennis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I KNEW these people were full of bull. When I ordered my A.R.E. CX Classic first they said, "Nope. power and lights not doable. Can't plug into the Gladiator, something to do with the Jeep computer. THEN since I got the black hardtop I wanted the A.R.E. to be black too - NOPE gotta pay an extra $$400 for the OTR coating option.

This is my dream vehicle so I wanted what I wanted and can't help but feel that I got hosed. So I'm gonna wait my two months, get my cap and then followup with ARE direct.

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Where fid you get the hold down clamps that work with the trail rail system?

its exactly what i am looking for.

sypeck

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK Jeep GC
That's nice. Looks factory
Love the class yours looks awesome question do they remove the plastic side rails from the bed before they put this on is there some sort of rubber gasket to keep it from leaking?

Sponsored

rpres62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I KNEW these people were full of bull. When I ordered my A.R.E. CX Classic first they said, "Nope. power and lights not doable. Can't plug into the Gladiator, something to do with the Jeep computer. THEN since I got the black hardtop I wanted the A.R.E. to be black too - NOPE gotta pay an extra $$400 for the OTR coating option.

This is my dream vehicle so I wanted what I wanted and can't help but feel that I got hosed. So I'm gonna wait my two months, get my cap and then followup with ARE direct.
they won’t do sh$t, just refer you back to the dealer. Fyi hot hod black is a very close match.

OP
OP
Dejay

Dejay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JK RIPP / 2020 JT Gladiator LE Billet Silver
Love the class yours looks awesome question do they remove the plastic side rails from the bed before they put this on is there some sort of rubber gasket to keep it from leaking?
The plastic side rails from the bed stay on. There is a rubber gasket and I have not had any leak issues thus far! You cannot see the gasket from inside or out.

OP
OP
Dejay

Dejay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where fid you get the hold down clamps that work with the trail rail system?

its exactly what i am looking for.
The ARE dealer got them for the install. It came with the purchase of the CX Evolve.

curtdennis

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
See - now I'm PISSED OFF!!

Not only did I have to deal with a crotchety cuss at the counter (I'm being kind here and cleaning my adjectives) but I was told that the A.R.E. caps could not be electrically connected to the Gladiator and didn't come in BLACK (What's the old Henry Ford quote about Model T color choices?) so I'm forced to lay on a negative review here.

If you are in the Detroit Area and HAVE to have a capper for Gladdy DO NOT USE Mid-West Truck Accessories on Grand River in Redford. It will be a dark day before I cross their threshold again. I'll drive to Brighton if I pull the trigger on a Decked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dejay

Dejay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the key situation with these? I understand if you get the CX Evolve, you can get the single central handle that works with the key fob. Is the physical lock keyed to the truck key, or does it have its own dedicated key?

What's the key situation with the T-handles locks? Can they be rigged up with the clicker? Are they keyed to the truck key, do they have their own dedicated key, or do they share a key with the hatch?

For those wondering about weight, I can't help you directly, but if someone is about to take delivery they can. The last time I bought a topper, I found a truck scale at an RV storage lot. Then I found the nearest fuel station. Before picking up the topper, I took everything out of the truck that wasn't permanently installed, then filled up the tank and drove immediately to the scale. I weighed the truck, then dropped it off to have the topper installed. As soon as I picked it up, I went right back to the same fuel station, topped up, and then went around the corner to weigh the truck again. The dealer told me the topper would be 250-300#, and I was totally shocked when it clocked in at just 140#. That was also a mid-size short bed truck, but it was a commercial topper with a 500# rating, and tool boxes on both sides. The JT is much wider at the top, so there's more fiberglass there, and I imagine the JT topper will weigh in that neighborhood. If no one does this before I get my truck and topper, I'll be doing so, but if anyone is ahead of me (I've got months to go still) and wants to answer this burning question, that's how I've done it.
Side outdoorsman doors have a dedicated key; does not match with truck key.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I finally took delivery of my HD version with solid doors on both sides and the rear. Didn't want issues with broken glass or prying eyes.

ARE told me that the HD version will hold 500lbs. They told me the standard version would not hold up to a roof top tent especially if it was going to be going off road.
Jeep Gladiator A.R.E. CX EVOLVE CAP installed 20210714_161431
Jeep Gladiator A.R.E. CX EVOLVE CAP installed 20210714_161533
Jeep Gladiator A.R.E. CX EVOLVE CAP installed 20210714_161621

ent8500

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mohave
Occupation
IT
If your like me, you may have seen the white Gladiator with an ARE CX Classic topper advertised that looks awesome! Then you do a build and get the price and say: Yeah, that’s nice but way too expensive!” Well I finally pulled the trigger and ordered one anyway.

I ordered the CX Classic that had a 6 to 8 week build time and elected to pay $75 bucks for express deliver. The very next day my dealer called and said they had a new topper the CX Evolve. Basically the difference was a full glass rear window with keyless lock/unlock that works with the key fob. Since I paid too much money already, I figured what’s a few more bucks... So I bought an A.R.E. CX EVOLVE topper.

Three weeks later my topper arrived and got installed. This thing has all the options.

CX Evolve fiberglass cap - color matched $1995.03
Outdoorsman side vented windoors $270.12
Tilt front sliding window $81.60
12 volt interior light with dual rope lights w/prop switch $188.70
Clothes rod $23.46
Came with free carpet interior
Yakima Jetstream roof rack (had to take off to fit in garage) will add photos soon with them on. $418.20

It took a minute to grow on me, but I absolutely love the lockable rear cargo space. It’s like my JK with a ton of cargo room. I wanted to post this for anyone looking at these toppers. For me, I research the crap out of things before buying. Unfortunately there was not a lot out there on this forum or YouTube. So here you go!

Dang I like that back door. I just installed the CX Classic and they told me that sale of door wasn't an option. I would have preferred that latch and door style. I may ask them about swapping it out. What a few dollars more at this point. :)

AustinL911

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT
Occupation
Nurse
How are you guys still liking your Evolves? I just ordered one and of course now that I have, I'm starting to see some stories out there about not sealing well and such.

Did I make a mistake?

Only mistake I've found so far was not ordering it sooner. Wow, prices have jumped on these things!

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
Only difference is in the back window from the Classic. Side windows are the same as Classic.
Sponsored