• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Virginia Ace Engineering Upper Decker

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Bought this as one of their first customers almost a year ago snd just looking to go in a different direction. I have the cross bars and 2-3 sets of accessory mounts. The crossbars will be drilled tomorrow (⅞) to accommodate bike rack trays but holes will be coated with undercoating to prevent rust. The upper decker just doesn’t fit my needs and plans anymore. I’m in Northern VA and willing to drive a bit to meet you and help uninstall and lift it onto your JT or trailer.

E277A698-6594-4057-A071-F672F21BACDC.jpeg

DBFA8845-C25A-4C26-8BDA-97E5DBA39CDD.jpeg

2DB0092E-9A21-402F-AB46-C38A0B917DFE.jpeg

36AD8A8A-CD23-4F5A-8ED0-FAB504FF7E8E.jpeg

E026557F-C982-4A64-A843-308001B1C146.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
cgflyer

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My setup would cost $1200 before shipping right now new. Asking $700

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Is it truly water tight for the bed? Easy to pry open?

OP
OP
cgflyer

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is it truly water tight for the bed? Easy to pry open?
It is actually pretty water tight, not completely but neither was the tonneau cover I had on my last truck. It has gas shocks to assist the lifting of the lid, but with a tent or anything heavy attached the shocks it comes with are not strong enough to hold it up, so with a tent...nope. Even my hi-lift jack adds a little too much weight to the rear for it to want to stay up. Others have looked at replacing the shocks with heavier rated ones but ACE argues then that with the rack empty, it gets hard to close, so it all depends on your intended use.

I actually keep a lot of stuff in my bed under the lid, it all stays pretty dry. All of my recovery gear is in two separate bags. I store my emergency truck cover for my doors off days and I have a pelican case that I keep with some emergency gear in the back too. But looking to go with a cab over rack and I think a softcover full bed cap in the back. This will move my RTT forward and give me more room for gear. I am planning a 2-3 month long cross country next year and I think the new setup will work better for what I plan/want to take with me including a mountain bike. I have ACE front inner fenders installed and their products are just as good as anyone else's, so this is not being sold because of quality or because I don't like it. I just bought it when it first came out and when I wasn't sure how I wanted to use the truck.

Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
It is actually pretty water tight, not completely but neither was the tonneau cover I had on my last truck. It has gas shocks to assist the lifting of the lid, but with a tent or anything heavy attached the shocks it comes with are not strong enough to hold it up, so with a tent...nope. Even my hi-lift jack adds a little too much weight to the rear for it to want to stay up. Others have looked at replacing the shocks with heavier rated ones but ACE argues then that with the rack empty, it gets hard to close, so it all depends on your intended use.
Damn. I guess technically my current tonneau isn't water tight, but I've never had a drop of water inside. I can't really risk it with my job and the stuff I carry around.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney

I actually keep a lot of stuff in my bed under the lid, it all stays pretty dry. All of my recovery gear is in two separate bags. I store my emergency truck cover for my doors off days and I have a pelican case that I keep with some emergency gear in the back too. But looking to go with a cab over rack and I think a softcover full bed cap in the back. This will move my RTT forward and give me more room for gear. I am planning a 2-3 month long cross country next year and I think the new setup will work better for what I plan/want to take with me including a mountain bike. I have ACE front inner fenders installed and their products are just as good as anyone else's, so this is not being sold because of quality or because I don't like it. I just bought it when it first came out and when I wasn't sure how I wanted to use the truck.
Is it the newer version of the bed cover? The video is pretty solid that they have on youtube showing only a little bit of water getting in.

OP
OP
cgflyer

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Is it the newer version of the bed cover? The video is pretty solid that they have on youtube showing only a little bit of water getting in.
I'm not aware of the newer version, so I don't know what changed. I will say that I put the weather stripping on the sides of the Upper Decker and not the lip of the bed. I think if you put the weather stripping on the bed, it would seal better. The only leaking I get is in the rear and again, I think it has more to do with how I installed the weather stripping. If you are referring to the video where they take it to the high pressure car wash, I definitely don't get anymore water in mine than they did in the video and I think with some trial and error with weather stripping, you could reduce it even more.

OP
OP
cgflyer

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ordering my new setup, so Upper Decker will be coming off the Jeep in the next week or so. This will make delivery/meeting up a little more of a hassle as it will require using my trailer but still willing to travel a reasonable distance to help someone out that is interested (100-150 miles max).

Sponsored

OP
OP
cgflyer

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation