AEV ProCal - Thought I messed up!

SCLaunch

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Used procal snap last night to recalibrate for larger tire size. Man, that thing is super picky on timing of pressing pedal, buttons, etc. Did it a couple times and got weird check engine light. Did it another time being really careful of timing, blinking brake light, and bingo did the trick. Good to go, but definitely not super super straightforward!
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Used procal snap last night to recalibrate for larger tire size. Man, that thing is super picky on timing of pressing pedal, buttons, etc. Did it a couple times and got weird check engine light. Did it another time being really careful of timing, blinking brake light, and bingo did the trick. Good to go, but definitely not super super straightforward!
I threw mine away and got an ECRI.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If I didn't have JSCAN and AlfaOBD and just wanted an easy way to set tire size and maybe some other stuff, ECRI is the way to go. Hard to beat that simplicity.

But I also want logging, diagnostics and so on.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am a AEV fanboy but can say the mint that AEV wants for that ProCal contraption is outrageous.

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
I am a AEV fanboy but can say the mint that AEV wants for that ProCal contraption is outrageous.
It's a couple hundred bucks and is pretty basic with no record of changes to analyze.
Mine came with my AEV lift so I didn't have to pay extra but I wonder how much of that cost is added into the price of the lift.
Amazon has the ECRI for $85. It's still pretty basic but looks like it has more features and a history record to look at changes over time.

Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
It's a couple hundred bucks and is pretty basic with no record of changes to analyze.
Mine came with my AEV lift so I didn't have to pay extra but I wonder how much of that cost is added into the price of the lift.
Amazon has the ECRI for $85. It's still pretty basic but looks like it has more features and a history record to look at changes over time.
Yeah, I got one in the AEV lift I bought also. Thought the same thing that they are padding a few extra hundred dollars into something that is probably not even 1/4 that in real cost and is mediocre.

OP
OP
SCLaunch

SCLaunch

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Biggest thing was I got it from another member here for the cost of shipping...can't beat that ;-)

I did also clear the DTC codes, and interestingly enough the auto start/stop function starting working again. I'm one of those that doesn't absolutely hate the function. I'm ok with it when it works, and ok when it doesn't, but just odd that clearing the codes would make it work again.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Biggest thing was I got it from another member here for the cost of shipping...can't beat that ;-)

I did also clear the DTC codes, and interestingly enough the auto start/stop function starting working again. I'm one of those that doesn't absolutely hate the function. I'm ok with it when it works, and ok when it doesn't, but just odd that clearing the codes would make it work again.
There's a list of over 30 things that have to line up for ESS to work - if there's a problem or code for any one of them, and some not even on the list, it won't work. Misfire - it won't work. Sensors out of range - nope. Torque on the steering sector input shaft too high (meaning you are applying pressure to the steering wheel) it won't work, CATs not hot enough, or too hot - it won't work. And the list goes on............
Sponsored