Warranty questions.

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Hello everyone. So I bought a CPO Sport S with 20k miles a few weeks ago and was gonna take in to have them check and replace the batteries due to low voltage and auto stop/start never working. Do I need to take it where I bought it or will any Jeep dealer do?

Along with that, does the warranty cover interior trim pieces? Not a big deal but did notice some slightly damaged pieces and of the warranty covered it I
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep CPO warranty for the bumper to bumper just adds 3 months/3K miles on to any remaining of the original 3yr/36K bumper to bumper warranty from it's original owner in service date and extends the powertrain warranty out to 7yr/100K miles.

The batteries would fall under the bumper to bumper coverage. Any CDJR dealer should honor this warranty but any non selling CDJR dealer you take it to may handle it somewhat different in how quick they take care of it putting their paid work and sold there customers ahead of you.

The trim issues if they were damaged by the previous owner and not a readily apparent material defect from manufacturing, you really should have the selling dealer address that as they were responsible for doing the CPO inspection and should have noted and/or corrected it before delivery.

OP
OP
BringTheLightnin

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Jeep CPO warranty for the bumper to bumper just adds 3 months/3K miles on to any remaining of the original 3yr/36K bumper to bumper warranty from it's original owner in service date and extends the powertrain warranty out to 7yr/100K miles.

The batteries would fall under the bumper to bumper coverage. Any CDJR dealer should honor this warranty but any non selling CDJR dealer you take it to may handle it somewhat different in how quick they take care of it putting their paid work and sold there customers ahead of you.

The trim issues if they were damaged by the previous owner and not a readily apparent material defect from manufacturing, you really should have the selling dealer address that as they were responsible for doing the CPO inspection and should have noted and/or corrected it before delivery.
So I know it's 3 months/3k miles. Is that from when I bought it or is that another 3k after the 36k miles? 3 months after first 3 years?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So I know it's 3 months/3k miles. Is that from when I bought it or is that another 3k after the 36k miles? 3 months after first 3 years?
It is literally in the first sentence of my reply.

Not hard to Google the info either. Your selling dealer should have given you paperwork on it also.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It is literally in the first sentence of my reply.

Not hard to Google the info either. Your selling dealer should have given you paperwork on it also.
Apparently they can't just slap a sticker on it that says it's CPO. Perhaps you know more detail, but this is what I was told in July when they took in my 2020 and realized how clean it was and the care it had -
Sales guy said it cost them some bit of money and it was a process, they had to do certain things, and certain preps and get it certified apparently by Jeep?
He said that mine was worth doing that and leave them plenty of room and they'd likely not have it long.
He was right - I looked for it shortly after and it was already done and sold as a CPO Jeep. I talked to them today and although my 2020 was only mentioned in passing, the sales guy treated me like I was his best friend. Odd, because I felt like I got a "decent deal" too LOL.

From your first post you obviously know a lot more than "I have heard" - especially about the warranty bits.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Apparently they can't just slap a sticker on it that says it's CPO.
Many do though and pencil whip the CPO inspection. Comes in clean and the right mileage, many dealers do not take the time to see if they actually got a pig in poke traded in to them.

OP
OP
BringTheLightnin

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Many do though and pencil whip the CPO inspection. Comes in clean and the right mileage, many dealers do not take the time to see if they actually got a pig in poke traded in to them.
I will admit mine looks like they went through it for the most part as it has marks for the bolt torques in most places. I don't think they checked the tie rod or drag link though as they were loose enough for some wobble but after torquing them, all is good. I'm not really concerned about the couple interior items as it was just on my mind at the time. Really just need the batteries changed and figured if it's under warranty might as well. After the warranty is up I will probably upgrade to an antigravity battery

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I will admit mine looks like they went through it for the most part as it has marks for the bolt torques in most places. I don't think they checked the tie rod or drag link though as they were loose enough for some wobble but after torquing them, all is good. I'm not really concerned about the couple interior items as it was just on my mind at the time. Really just need the batteries changed and figured if it's under warranty might as well. After the warranty is up I will probably upgrade to an antigravity battery
My thinking is that if my batteries do cause issues during warranty - let them pay for it. After that, I'll do whatever.

From the factory these have inspection marks for pretty much every bolt and nut related to suspension and steering and even electrical and hose connections are often marked.
Sponsored