First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
I am looking at installing on-board air. I would like to install it under the hood (not on the firewall though). The black flies up in Maine in the summertime are brutal and mounting it inside the cab would require me to leave a door open to run the air hose outside. The wife and kids would complain. We have 14 miles of muddy, rutted, washboard logging roads between our camp and paved roads so airing down is essential. My question is is it worth the extra money to buy the twin and air up two tires at once? Is that even practical? It seems like the options for under hood are more limited with the twin than the single. I don't even need a bracket if I remove the engine cover and go with the single. Sometimes, I will be doing runs to the store for ice and other provisions and stopping for 10-15 minutes where the pavement begins to air up will be problematic. Realistically how long does it take to air up 4 tires with the single. I have stock Falken ATs. Is the twin twice as fast?
Sponsored

Last edited:

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Depending on how far the store is to get ice and provisions you might not bother to air back up for the road. Just don't drive 70 mph.

The twin will air up faster than the single. There is a mount to put a twin under the hood in the same location as the single.

OP
OP

GladnotSad

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
VP Ops
It’s an
Depending on how far the store is to get ice and provisions you might not bother to air back up for the road. Just don't drive 70 mph.

The twin will air up faster than the single. There is a mount to put a twin under the hood in the same location as the single.
It’s another 15 miles. Do you happen to have a link to the bracket?