First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
I’m planning on doing this and I was wondering if you had any tips. My JT doesn’t get here for a few more weeks, but I’ve ordered the coverking and am thinking about ordering the armorlite too. I was going to just go with the noico sound deadener under both, but not sure which one, maybe the 80 mil one? I’m not sure how much I’d need. Also, I’m curious what kind of installation process I’m looking at. In your opinion would a woman with average strength be able to do both installs herself? I’m really hoping I can handle it myself, because it looks like a fun project.
1 box is probably enough. I got 2 planning on doing my floor under the carpet. The first one did the top and the doors and still has a panel left over.

Every inch of the insulation must be rolled down. When you buy the box of soundproofing insulation you need to buy one of the rollers.

Take your time, wear work gloves to protect your hands from the outer aluminum coating. I used tin snips to cut mine to shape placed it down and rolled it to ensure full contact. The bottom is super sticky so once it is down, it is down. I have found it easiest to work from one edge to another filling the big spaces, then come back and use the smaller pieces I cut off to fill gap around the edges.

As for can a woman do it, hell yes. I am in my 50s and the hardest thing on me was all the getting up and down because I had the top on the ground. I suspect the inside floor will be physically easier, but it will have wiring in the way you will need to deal with. I wouldn't get a wiring harness under this, you will never get it back out.

I still haven't done the inside of my jeep because I wasn't sure if I would do the Armorlite, or just remove the carpet. I am strongly leaning towards the Armorlite. I miss that type of flooring. My old 64 chevy, you could literally hose out the interior floor if you needed to during the rainy season.
Sponsored

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
1 box is probably enough. I got 2 planning on doing my floor under the carpet. The first one did the top and the doors and still has a panel left over.

Every inch of the insulation must be rolled down. When you buy the box of soundproofing insulation you need to buy one of the rollers.

Take your time, wear work gloves to protect your hands from the outer aluminum coating. I used tin snips to cut mine to shape placed it down and rolled it to ensure full contact. The bottom is super sticky so once it is down, it is down. I have found it easiest to work from one edge to another filling the big spaces, then come back and use the smaller pieces I cut off to fill gap around the edges.

As for can a woman do it, hell yes. I am in my 50s and the hardest thing on me was all the getting up and down because I had the top on the ground. I suspect the inside floor will be physically easier, but it will have wiring in the way you will need to deal with. I wouldn't get a wiring harness under this, you will never get it back out.

I still haven't done the inside of my jeep because I wasn't sure if I would do the Armorlite, or just remove the carpet. I am strongly leaning towards the Armorlite. I miss that type of flooring. My old 64 chevy, you could literally hose out the interior floor if you needed to during the rainy season.
Thank you! I think this will be my first project when I get it, if the coverking gets here early enough. I definitely want to do the armorlite too. I won’t be able to do any serious modifications to the JT on my own, without the know-how or a garage, but I want to do as much of the smaller stuff as I can myself. Makes it feel more like mine!

Imbuere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Armorlite_Kail
So, let me get this right, your product would replace both the stock carpeting and the weathertech liner I use?

Also, does the drain plug fit into an already present hole in the JL floor, or does it empty into the floor pan and eventually find it's way out to the outside? If your system seals itself against the hole so that water can't get between your liner and the floor board, I'm an instant buy.

Generally, thank you so much for creating these types of products. I feel there's a massively underserved portion of Jeep owners that want the stock offroad capabilities of a JL/JT, but want to make their vehicle more car-like in every other aspect, especially NVH.

I plan on later going down the rabbit hole quite a bit to address NVH once I get my Ursa Minor pop-top installed. I'd probably buy just about anything you'd sell in this area.

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Rubicon Unlimited, JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
ARMORLITE
@Armorlite_Kail
So, let me get this right, your product would replace both the stock carpeting and the weathertech liner I use?

Also, does the drain plug fit into an already present hole in the JL floor, or does it empty into the floor pan and eventually find it's way out to the outside? If your system seals itself against the hole so that water can't get between your liner and the floor board, I'm an instant buy.

Generally, thank you so much for creating these types of products. I feel there's a massively underserved portion of Jeep owners that want the stock offroad capabilities of a JL/JT, but want to make their vehicle more car-like in every other aspect, especially NVH.

I plan on later going down the rabbit hole quite a bit to address NVH once I get my Ursa Minor pop-top installed. I'd probably buy just about anything you'd sell in this area.
Yes you remove the stock carpet, and you will no longer need a floor mat.

The floor plug does push through the outside sheet metal creating a passage directly to the outside. You should be able to click our plug 2 ribs past the sheet metal giving it a good seal to prevent water from coming in from underneath, and a sealed passage to transfer water and debris from the top of the floor to the outside.

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMORLITE
@Armorlite_Kail

Here is the plug from underneath.

floor plug.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMORLITE

MOD

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC, Mazda, Hyundai
When developing Armorlite one major key point to the performance of our product was to reduce heat coming from the floor boards.

Our Jeeps get really warm on the toe boards due to lack of insulation and the close proximity to exhaust components, add a hemi swap and you can cook an egg on that floor.

Besides just making the insulation thicker we used better performing materials, the dense polyester insulation has the best R value out of our water resistant materials. The top layer does a great job as acting as a thermal barrier but does not conduct the heat up to the surface.
Jeep Gladiator Armorlite floor system thermal insulating performance tested with sensors floor plu

Jeep Gladiator Armorlite floor system thermal insulating performance tested with sensors floor plu

TESTING:
We have a test facility that allows us to run vehicles in a controlled environment. It features a 4 wheel dyno that has drums that simulate road surfaces and resistance. We used the same testing equipment used for OEM applications to measure the performance of Armorlite compared to stock.

Armorlite Jeep: JKU Engine is stock, exhaust is stock, suspension and gearing upgraded, Armorlite flooring installed.
Stock Jeep: .. its a stock JKU, same engine

Due to gearing the speeds were different but the RPM's and load maintained the same.

Hard data:
- After 30 minutes of testing, the Armorlite equipped Jeep kept the interior 12 degrees cooler
- After 3 hours of running the sheet metal under the Armorlite floor reached 240 degrees, at that point the Armorlite surface had a reading of 100 Degrees. This is a reduction by 140 degrees.

Do you have any dealers in Canada?

OP
OP
Armorlite_Kail

Armorlite_Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ARMORLITE
Do you have any dealers in Canada?
Currently no, Sorry.
We have been advised that if we sell direct to Canada we have to redo our packaging to include French/Canadian.
We have had customers use third party shipping companies to act as a middle man. This would probably be the easiest current solution.
We also are working on selling through Amazon which I believe will fulfill for us to Canada.

Reactions: MOD

Elvis_E

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I can vouch for these floors., they were the first mod I made having a dog that goes everywhere with me. Reduces noise, moderates temps everything that has been said above. Can't say anything bad about them. Just wish I had known about the forum discount!

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
Same just ordered and can’t wait. Wish I had known about the discount though
Sponsored