Sponsored

Armorlite is in stock, no backorders

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those interested in sound...understand what 'several dB' means. dB is logarithmic. 3dB reduction = HALF the sound level. It's huge. Let's say something is 100dB. How much louder is something 103dB? TWICE AS LOUD!

I put my Armorlite in this evening and drove to get beer afterward....the sound reduction is major in my JT Mojave with no headliner.

Cheat sheet:

3dB - 2x
6dB - 4x
10dB - 10x

Think about about. 110dB is TEN TIMES as loud as 100dB.
So you gave us a lesson in sound measurement. But no measurements from your jeep. ;-)
Sponsored

sunrise089

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Higher Ed
For those interested in sound...understand what 'several dB' means. dB is logarithmic. 3dB reduction = HALF the sound level. It's huge. Let's say something is 100dB. How much louder is something 103dB? TWICE AS LOUD!

I put my Armorlite in this evening and drove to get beer afterward....the sound reduction is major in my JT Mojave with no headliner.

Cheat sheet:

3dB - 2x
6dB - 4x
10dB - 10x

Think about about. 110dB is TEN TIMES as loud as 100dB.
This is wrong, or at least misleading.

A 3db difference is a halving or doubling of power. It is not a halving or doubling of perceived loudness to our ears.

For human hearing in most environments a 3db change is noticeable (below that is arguably not perceivable) but a 10db change is required to be perceived as twice or half as loud.

That fact is the great ally and enemy of speaker design. It means that a powerful amplifier capable of 100 watts per channel can be reduced to 1 watt and still perceived as not merely 1% as loud, but actually 25% as loud. That's why speakers in iPhones, laptops, and portable Bluetooth speakers are still viable - their percieved loudness drops way slower than their reduced power usage. The downside though is on the other side - if we want our hypothetical amplifier to sound four times louder we'd have to raise its power to 10,000 watts. That's why, by the way, with the efficiency of typical home speakers, there's very little market for amplification above 200w or so - power requirements start getting silly relative to any perceived increase in listening volume.

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I broke 4 or 5 clips taking my time and using a 12 piece interior trim toolset. Oh well.
Where did you get the T50 socket for the seat bolts? I can’t seem to find anywhere.

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R and 2017 Chevrolet Bolt
Occupation
Business Owner
Where did you get the T50 socket for the seat bolts? I can’t seem to find anywhere.
Really, you can't find it? Try Napa but both of my toolsets (both from Husky) had them in the kit. I also bought one awhile back from O'reilly's for the drain plug on my rear diff, I know that Napa carries them too.

en2dirt

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Really, you can't find it? Try Napa but both of my toolsets (both from Husky) had them in the kit. I also bought one awhile back from O'reilly's for the drain plug on my rear diff, I know that Napa carries them too.
Thanks, I’ll check Napa.
Sponsored