First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
I’m installing some auxiliary lights on my A pillar and have a question for you wiring experts.

I want to run them through my factory auxiliary switches. The controller has two settings but I only want to use one switch.
I’ll set them up with both modes on at all times so I can run through one switch.

looking at pic of the wires the upper left are from the main power and ground, the upper right wires go to the controller that I want to eliminate, and the lower right go to the lights.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary light wiring question IMG_1208
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary light wiring question IMG_1209

I already know to connect the hot wire to the aux switch and the black to the ground. My question is, looking at the lower right wires to the lights, where do I connect the white wire that goes to the lights?

thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Based on just what you have provided, the red and white wires going to the lights would connect to the Aux switch, and the black to ground. That will turn on both sections of the light at the same time. Just make sure the lights will handle that (not overheat), and the load is less than the Aux switch fuse is rated for.

OP
OP
KevinM60

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
Based on just what you have provided, the red and white wires going to the lights would connect to the Aux switch, and the black to ground. That will turn on both sections of the light at the same time. Just make sure the lights will handle that (not overheat), and the load is less than the Aux switch fuse is rated for.
That’s what I’ve been thinking.
Thanks for your reply.
I got my other work done and the wiring run without committing to either option so before I cut the wires I’m going to pull out the trusty volt meter, turn on the switch for each mode and test to see if one goes to the white lights and the other to the amber. If so I do expect that I can put them together because the lights are meant to take each color separately or both at the same time. The amber is a small strip at the top, is meant for a daytime running light and doesn’t do a whole lot. I could omit those from the system and wouldn’t lose much if anything. In that case I would just block off the white wire.

OP
OP
KevinM60

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary light wiring question image

That’s the amber. Not much.
I was going to take a pick of the white but it’s too bright for the camera.
Confirmed.
one button sends power to the white the other to the red
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary light wiring question image

RCott77

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I'd just wire the amber to the Ignition using an add a fuse/circuit. That way whenever your truck is running the ambers are too. Then save the Aux for the bright ones. The ambers most likely will not be seen with the actual spots on.

Sponsored

OP
OP
KevinM60

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
I'd just wire the amber to the Ignition using an add a fuse/circuit. That way whenever your truck is running the ambers are too. Then save the Aux for the bright ones. The ambers most likely will not be seen with the actual spots on.
Not a bad idea. They are meant to be used as running lights. I can rewire if I decide to go that route. The harness came with one on the hot wire at the battery so I could use that.
I’m still waiting for the cowl mounting brackets and will post a pic when they’re fully installed. I tested them by propping them up on the cowl to see how they work and look

RCott77

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I ended up wiring these Oracle lights into ignition.
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary light wiring question 20231119_133952