Not open for further replies.

LaMigra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2019 40’ Super C MotorHome
Occupation
Retired US Border Patrol
I purchased MEK for my 2020 Gladiator in July of this year. I have to admit it was a beautiful addition and where ever I went, I received complements, thumbs up and positive feedback. But in the end, I am very disappointed and dissatisfied. Since my purchase, I have been wheeling in Montana, Idaho, Washington, Oregon, Colorado, Wyoming and Utah. I am a member of the FMCA 4 Wheelers, a very active group of off road enthusiasts..

Now, let me tell you about my experience with MEK. First, the product is not easy to install, it takes about an hour for the install. Removal is difficult and storage is a nightmare. The product does save your vehicle from the off road pin striping, but it has reached a point that after a days ride on a dusty trail, I have to remove the MEK Magnet from the Jeep, wash and dry the product and reapply it in the morning. If I don't, dust forms along the sides and seeps down in between the Magnets and the body of my gladiator.

If it rains, the water finds its way in between the Magnets and the gladiator. A few weeks ago, we were in Moab, it rained and I was tired after a 8 hour day of wheeling. I didn't take the MEK Magnets off the jeep and overnight, the temps dropped into the 20's. This caused some of the edges to turn white.

I have several pieces that corners no longer stick to my Jeep and along the way, two smaller pieces have gone MIA.

I have written and sent pictures to MEK, and the reply was; to remove the panels and wash with a mild detergent. For the past 4 plus months since I bought the Magnets, during our off road events, about every other day, I remove the Magnets, wash them, dry them overnight and reapply. What a major inconvenience, and at the end of the event, I remove them, roll them up and store the panels in the back of the gladiator.

Friends, the concept is great, they do save your vehicle from pinstriping, but the inconvenience of applying, removing, washing, drying and reapplying is not worth it.

The product is expensive and in my opinion, not worth it.
Sponsored

LaMigra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 2019 40’ Super C MotorHome
Occupation
Retired US Border Patrol
Here are some of the pictures of a day in Moab. You will notice how the dust separates the panel for the Jeep. You will all see the several pieces no longer adhere to the Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3922
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3912
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3946
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3944
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3937
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3934
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3939

IMG_3949.jpeg

IMG_3941.jpeg

IMG_3940.jpeg

IMG_3942.jpeg

IMG_3936.jpeg

IMG_3935.jpeg

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Do these work with the half doors?

I bought some custom decal magnets once for my factory half doors and they don’t stick on, while they do stick on regular vehicle doors. I guess the half doors are made of a light weight metal that does not work well with magnets.

OP
OP
Monika

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
President & CEO
Any pics of the true timber kanati (what's a kanati???) on a sarge green JT?
I just have it on white on our website. Kanati is hunting legend and the name of the signature design for True Timber :)

OP
OP
Monika

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
President & CEO
Here are some of the pictures of a day in Moab. You will notice how the dust separates the panel for the Jeep. You will all see the several pieces no longer adhere to the Jeep.

Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3935
Jeep Gladiator Because Jeep Happens.... Lightweight, Removable Trail Armor from MEK Magnet IMG_3935

Hey Peter, you need to take the panel off and clean it. Run it under water and gently rub off the dust sections until there is nothing left stuck to it. Then let it air dry. I have personally gummed up mine like this too and when cleaned properly they reactivate their hold. Do not use harsh chemicals to clean them, just water and a gentle soap but make sure you rinse off all soap residue well.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Monika

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
President & CEO
Do these work with the half doors?

I bought some custom decal magnets once for my factory half doors and they don’t stick on, while they do stick on regular vehicle doors. I guess the half doors are made of a light weight metal that does not work well with magnets.
This material is different as it only needs a smooth surface that can be made out of any material to stick :)

OP
OP
Monika

Monika

First Name
Monika
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mekmagnet.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
President & CEO
Are there any plans to offer vinyl sets? I imagine that since you have the the means to get these magnets cut out, that might be an option. I would consider purchasing a set of vinyl pieces with your "The Rockies" design on it (again, referencing the 2nd picture in your original post).

Id prefer a more permanent solution, and the side graphics available for the Gladiator currently arent very appealing (lots of generic copy paste mud splashes, scrambler lines, etc).
We don't plan on making permanent hold Armor, the reusable and commitment free version will always be my niche :)

Status
Not open for further replies.