Sponsored

Bed Rack and 1UP bike carrier

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Really like your bedracks but not your bike mounts (taking of front tire....). Any way to mount the 1UP bike carrier onto your bike rack somehow? That would be fantastic!!
Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
I just purchased the BillieBars cross bars and will be installing the 1Up bike mounts. I will not have photos until spring as there is no reason to have the rack setup over winter. The 1Up racks have brackets for mounting to most cross bars as well as a T-Slot option. I will be reaching out to be sure the mounting bracket clamps are wide enough for the BillieBars.

Another choice for tire on carriers would be the Yakima HighRoller or Thule, not a fan of the new Thule and how it holds the front wheel.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I just purchased the BillieBars cross bars and will be installing the 1Up bike mounts. I will not have photos until spring as there is no reason to have the rack setup over winter. The 1Up racks have brackets for mounting to most cross bars as well as a T-Slot option. I will be reaching out to be sure the mounting bracket clamps are wide enough for the BillieBars.

Another choice for tire on carriers would be the Yakima HighRoller or Thule, not a fan of the new Thule and how it holds the front wheel.
Yes I do have the 1UPs mounted on Voodoo Crossbars right now and that's the only way I carry a bike. But I was looking for a full rack that can carry couple bikes with the 1UPs on the side and a larger tent on top. Those 20F winter rides are the best!!!

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Yes I do have the 1UPs mounted on Voodoo Crossbars right now and that's the only way I carry a bike. But I was looking for a full rack that can carry couple bikes with the 1UPs on the side and a larger tent on top. Those 20F winter rides are the best!!!
How big is the RTT? Will it overhang the sides of the rack? I think the challenge will be finding a rack with enough height that the RTT will clear bikes that are upright. I know I have seen adapters for mounting a bike rack on the side of a bed rack that could be adapted to mount a 1Up but do not think the RTT would clear the top of the bikes.

I know I need at least 45" clearance for my bikes (tire to seat) with the front wheel off.

OP
OP
shrinkhead

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
How big is the RTT? Will it overhang the sides of the rack? I think the challenge will be finding a rack with enough height that the RTT will clear bike that is upright. I know I have seen adapters for mounting a bike rack on the side of a bed rack that could be adapted to mount a 1Up but do not think the RTT would clear the top of the bikes.
It would clear when closed I think but open prob not. Need to figure that part out.
Sponsored