First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Usps Maint Mechanic
My name is Tim kind of new to forums, but I have a 21 jeep gladiator sport and have 2 sets of stock rims, im putting some 33's on one set to drive daily and I'd like to put a large crawler si,e on the other rims, what is the recommended tires, with 2.5" suspension lift? Plus where to I get the right entry guard tape for my doorways
Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I plan on putting 35x11.50’s on mine, but lots of people put 12.50’s or 315x70’s on stock wheels. Up to you.
I went with Quadratec sill guards but there are many others out there.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
35x11.5R17 for wheeling.
I regeared to 4.88 as well.
2.5 Clayton Plus with Falcon sp2 3.5 shocks

Will eventually go to 37s once I truss and do bigger ball joints etc.

Jeep Gladiator Best overall tires for stock rims IMG_0013

OP
OP
Pierce4099

Pierce4099

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Usps Maint Mechanic
What about fenders, do they really need to be changed? The line has to come out but does the fender flares ever really get in the way, or is it mostly a cosmetic thing. That is a beast

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I'll be hunting down some Rubicon fenders. I used to rub a bit at full flex with the Rubicon suspension and Terraflex 1.5 Spacer. With the Clayton I can flex out fully.

How hard do you plan to wheel it?

What about fenders, do they really need to be changed? The line has to come out but does the fender flares ever really get in the way, or is it mostly a cosmetic thing. That is a beast

Sponsored

India-ThreeZeroThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport, 1995 YJ Cummins R2.8
Occupation
Retired slug. Drive RVs to Alaska
Subjective opinion but US Border Patrol used to be big on using Goodyear Duratracs MT

Not sure if you are dead set on a AT and MT set. I went with Goodyear Ultraterrain AT. Dan from The Road Chose Me "oirr noirr" is all about Yokohama Geolander X-AT. I already know the Ultraterrain does well in snow as I see these popular in BC, Yukon and Alaska, Ultraterrains usually have a decent price. BFG KO2 and KM3 still seem to be popular. I remember when AT tires used to not be so aggressive until BFG came out with their AT tires. They are now nearly a mud tire. I have a video of me going up CK right when it had snow and mud all over with BFG. The KO2 didn't skip a beat not once while I watched even UTVs struggle for traction.

I'm sticking with 33's (285/70) for the time being. I'm not regearing anytime soon.
Jeep Gladiator Best overall tires for stock rims 51173

willhonkforparts

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD & 2008 JKUR
Occupation
Self-loathing
Unless you plan on doing a LOT of mud, go with an AT tire. Less noise, less weight, better street manners, and honestly will handle 90% of the offroad situations a MT will do. The Duratrac looks great but has soft sidewalls. I was recently very impressed by a set of General Grabber ATs on my buddies TJ. He wheeled some pretty hard trails with us all day and never had to pull cable. I have the stock Wildpeak ATs on my Rubicon and they're a great tire, but I haven't had then offroad yet. I plan to jump to 37s and will be going with an AT but I haven't decided which one yet. Likely just whatever I can find the best deal on.
Sponsored