Bestop Sunrider with Bartact Grab Handles

Von1992

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I am looking to possibly get a Bestop Sunrider for my Mojave. I have Bartact Grab Handles that I love and my wife uses them more than ever since I’ve lifted it. I am not opposed to getting different grab handles but hoping not to since I’m trying not to spend more money.

Can anyone confirm if the Bartact Grab Handles will fit with the Sunrider?

It looks like it might be a tight fit but wanted to see if anyone has this Setup.

For reference, here is a picture of the Bartact Grab Handles.

E28A1C0A-40AD-47AA-861B-A6538672CA72.jpeg
Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
I have paracords that wrap around my wife's roll bar in her JLU. I installed the sunrider yesterday and was able to keep the front paracord wrapped around the roll bar as there's a small notch on the sunrider. Unfortunately the rear was not able to slide under, it was a little too thick to allow the sunrider to sit down flush. Instead what I did was use the rear mounting point on the sunrider and just fastened my handle to that, so it's nice and secure. They still function exactly as they should, they just don't slide around anymore which is fine with me.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Sunrider with Bartact Grab Handles paracord 2

OP
OP
Von1992

Von1992

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have paracords that wrap around my wife's roll bar in her JLU. I installed the sunrider yesterday and was able to keep the front paracord wrapped around the roll bar as there's a small notch on the sunrider. Unfortunately the rear was not able to slide under, it was a little too thick to allow the sunrider to sit down flush. Instead what I did was use the rear mounting point on the sunrider and just fastened my handle to that, so it's nice and secure. They still function exactly as they should, they just don't slide around anymore which is fine with me.

paracord 2.jpg
Thanks! You confirmed my suspicion of there not being much of a gap between the mounting bracket and bar. I’ll have to find new grab handles then.

Verne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Higher Education
I can confirm that those grab handles will not work with the Sunrider. There is a member on here that will make you custom handles that screw into existing non used opening in the roll bar. @darksidedesign will hook you up.

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara
I am looking to possibly get a Bestop Sunrider for my Mojave. I have Bartact Grab Handles that I love and my wife uses them more than ever since I’ve lifted it. I am not opposed to getting different grab handles but hoping not to since I’m trying not to spend more money.

Can anyone confirm if the Bartact Grab Handles will fit with the Sunrider?

It looks like it might be a tight fit but wanted to see if anyone has this Setup.

For reference, here is a picture of the Bartact Grab Handles.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Sunrider with Bartact Grab Handles paracord 2
I have the sunrider and love it, but those grab handles will not fit - it's a tight fit for a reason - no water or wind leaks when it's closed. i go through a touchless car wash with the sunrider on and no leaks. You can pass cord through the bolt down openings, I have a sunshade that I leave on year round under my freedom top in the winter and sunrider in the summer and the bungee loops pass through the sunrider bolt holes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Von1992

Von1992

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
I saw these and am most likely going to order a pair. Thanks for your help and confirming these will fit! However, my wallet and wife will not thank you.

Put the SunRider on first and tighten it all down.

Then you'll see the gaps to slide the GPCA's through. The triangle portion can be folded under and it will still fit.

I never did snap a pic of mine and the SunRider is off for the winter now.

OP
OP
Von1992

Von1992

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put the SunRider on first and tighten it all down.

Then you'll see the gaps to slide the GPCA's through. The triangle portion can be folded under and it will still fit.

I never did snap a pic of mine and the SunRider is off for the winter now.
Thanks for the tip. I’ll be ordering the Sunrider soon since it’s on sale. I’ll probably get these handles first.

robburns76

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max tow
I have the bartact grab handle on the passenger side for the wife and have no issues between it and my sunrider.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Von1992

Von1992

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the bartact grab handle on the passenger side for the wife and have no issues between it and my sunrider.
Good to know! I guess I’ll try both the Bartacr and GPCA handles when I get the Sunrider and use whichever works best.

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
I have bartact on both sides with no issues.

OP
OP
Von1992

Von1992

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have bartact on both sides with no issues.
Could you send a picture of clearance and fitment of the bartact handles and Sunrider?

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
If it helps, the MOPAR grab handles work fine with the sunrider.
Sponsored