• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Montana Bestop Twill Sunrider (As-is / For Parts Only) $300

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
I have a new Bestop Twill Sunrider for sale as-is or for parts only.

The rear mounting point on the passenger side was tapped incorrectly at the factory. Bestop sent me a new top and told me I could dispose of this one.
It is new, never mounted obviously, and would be good for someone looking to replace parts on their existing sunrider or has the know how to fix the threading in the insert. I will include all the hardware and instructions, just like from the factory.

I would prefer local pickup, but I will ship if the buyer agrees to pay for shipping.

Shipping dimensions according to the Fedex label on the box, it will be shipped in the same packaging it arrived from Bestop:
62 x 24 x 9
38 lbs
Will ship from zip code 59715

Asking $300
Jeep Gladiator Bestop Twill Sunrider (As-is / For Parts Only) $300 Surider Top Full.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Bestop Twill Sunrider (As-is / For Parts Only) $300 Sunrider Top Passenger.JPG
Sponsored

Artax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR, 18 Durango R/T, 93 Del Sol, 10 HD XL1200X
Any more info you can provide for the incorrect mounting hole. From install videos it looks like there are 3 rear mounting points. 2 that mount the top to the upper door rail and 1 that mounts the assembly to the jeep bar. Is it one or both of the 2 that mount the top to the upper rail? It looks like the long single rear mount uses a loose nut.

Also is the hole tapped too large or too small?

I may be interested but would like to know how hard it would be to salvage to use it.

OK I watched different install video, it looks like the single long bolt now uses in molded in nut. Is this the one that is incorrectly tapped/cross threaded? Are the bolts all in good condition, no damage from trying to thread it in?

I am thinking maybe just thread chase the nut or helicoil it and it would work.

How much shipped to 52768

Last edited:
OP
OP

Ageek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Any more info you can provide for the incorrect mounting hole. From install videos it looks like there are 3 rear mounting points. 2 that mount the top to the upper door rail and 1 that mounts the assembly to the jeep bar. Is it one or both of the 2 that mount the top to the upper rail? It looks like the long single rear mount uses a loose nut.

Also is the hole tapped too large or too small?

I may be interested but would like to know how hard it would be to salvage to use it.

OK I watched different install video, it looks like the single long bolt now uses in molded in nut. Is this the one that is incorrectly tapped/cross threaded? Are the bolts all in good condition, no damage from trying to thread it in?

I am thinking maybe just thread chase the nut or helicoil it and it would work.

How much shipped to 52768
If you look at the photo I have added, you can see there is some plastic inside the rear passenger insert where the rear door jamb bolt threads into.

That piece of plastic was removed, but the insert itself was only partially or incorrectly threaded and would not accept the mounting bolts that came with the sunrider. My first impression was that I could possibly drill and/or tap that insert if Bestop was not able to fix it for me, even if it meant going up a size on the bolt.

Jeep Gladiator Bestop Twill Sunrider (As-is / For Parts Only) $300 Inked Surider Top Plastic Insert

Artax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR, 18 Durango R/T, 93 Del Sol, 10 HD XL1200X
That looks salvageable to me if that's the only issue.

So just to be sure, this is a brand new top, all hardware is included and in new condition. Only issue is this one threaded insert.

Hit me up with a total price shipped to 52768. If its not crazy to ship I am interested.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Second to artax ,shipped to Bally, Pa. 19503, thank you.....Jack
Sponsored