Sponsored

Black Rhino Wheels: Lug Nut Questions

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Can someone who has Black Rhino wheels tell me if their factory lug nuts and locks worked or if the small size (compact) type nuts were required. I looked all over the BR website and couldnt find anything about what type (flat, acorn, or ball) or size nuts they required. I couldnt fnd a pic of any of their wheels without the center cap in place anywhere. My wheels are scheduled for delivery on Wednesday and want to have all I need to bolt them on rather than be scurrying around looking for lug nuts. Thanks!
Sponsored

adbeck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator JTR
Can someone who has Black Rhino wheels tell me if their factory lug nuts and locks worked or if the small size (compact) type nuts were required. I looked all over the BR website and couldnt find anything about what type (flat, acorn, or ball) or size nuts they required. I couldnt fnd a pic of any of their wheels without the center cap in place anywhere. My wheels are scheduled for delivery on Wednesday and want to have all I need to bolt them on rather than be scurrying around looking for lug nuts. Thanks!
When I got mine from @Discount Tire they needed the aftermarket lug nuts.

Deleted member 24880

The same here. OEM will not work. Here is what my dealer put on my BR wheels for reference.
Jeep Gladiator Black Rhino Wheels: Lug Nut Questions image

Sponsored

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
Get spline lugs for the BR wheels.

OP
OP
FLUndertaker

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Get spline lugs for the BR wheels.
So then I have to keep up with a special socket to remove them in addition to the one for the locks. I’m not a fan of this reason. If I can use hex nuts I would prefer to for this reason only. A regular socket or tire iron is always handy. A special splined tool, not so much. If I have too I will but I’m hoping there’s other options

Mayhem 6

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR; 2020 JLUR; 2015 JKW; 2016 JKUR (Sold); 2014 JKSS (Sold); 2008 JKUR (Sold)
So then I have to keep up with a special socket to remove them in addition to the one for the locks. I’m not a fan of this reason. If I can use hex nuts I would prefer to for this reason only. A regular socket or tire iron is always handy. A special splined tool, not so much. If I have too I will but I’m hoping there’s other options
There are other acorn style, but splines are typically stronger on a narrow walled lug nut.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Spline is the way to go. Stock won't work meaning the wheel lock you are worried about won't work either.

Just throw the spline socket in your glovebox and leave it there. Not that difficult.
Sponsored