First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Non-profit
Hey gang. With the understanding that not all steel is created equal, I'm looking for info or recommendations for black lug nuts. My 2021 Mojave comes with black wheels and chrome lug nuts. Seems odd to me, so I'm planning to change the nuts out for black ones. Anybody have strong opinions backed by experience and/or good knowledge for a set of black nuts? They will be used on stock wheels until I get around to upgrading in the spring. Even then, I plan to run the stock wheels in the winters here in Michigan and have a set of aftermarket wheels w/ 35's to run Spring - Fall. It would be ideal if I could use the nuts for both sets of wheels.
Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Hey gang. With the understanding that not all steel is created equal, I'm looking for info or recommendations for black lug nuts. My 2021 Mojave comes with black wheels and chrome lug nuts. Seems odd to me, so I'm planning to change the nuts out for black ones. Anybody have strong opinions backed by experience and/or good knowledge for a set of black nuts? They will be used on stock wheels until I get around to upgrading in the spring. Even then, I plan to run the stock wheels in the winters here in Michigan and have a set of aftermarket wheels w/ 35's to run Spring - Fall. It would be ideal if I could use the nuts for both sets of wheels.

Black Lug Nuts

I used these. They are fine ... They can be scratched but are strong and made well ... MOPAR makes some but they are stupid expensive ... These are the closest thing to original in black that I could find and look a lot better ...

Redwings1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave, 1971 BB Corvette
Occupation
Sales
I put black ones on the first day. I can't believe they don't
Jeep Gladiator Black Lug Nuts Front Wheel
include them from the factory.

Broke Owner

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Chocolate Brownie Quality Inspector
I have some black spines one for sale on the market place

Sponsored

OP
OP

Seanjeep93

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Non-profit
I put black ones on the first day. I can't believe they don't
Jeep Gladiator Black Lug Nuts Front Wheel
include them from the factory.
Nice Mojave! What brand did you use or where did you get them? Have a link by chance?

OP
OP

Seanjeep93

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Non-profit
I have some black spines one for sale on the market place
I tried to find them on the marketplace here but couldn't locate them. I'm still learning my way around here. Can you give me a link to your for sale post?

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Its alive!!!

bringing back an old thread..

has anyone found a worth while black lug? I got a set from cj pony parts but they scratched as soon as i installed them and now have rust on them.

followed a link from above and im seeing these

https://www.drivenproducts.com/coll...allenger-ram-1500-2500?variant=17381767020601

I just dont want to keep blowing money on subpar lugs in the search for quality black ones

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I got a set of keyed lug nuts from Discount Tire when I bought my wheels. Sold the wheels but kept the lug nuts, and they've held up pretty well. I don't remember what they cost.

Kevin

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I got a set from quadratec as well, they have picked up some surface rust but that's what phosphate dips and krylon are for. I'll get around to recoating them when I'll pull the new wheels to paint them.

The "bright" covered lugs are so crap BTW, any issue and the cover is damaged and now the lug socket doesn't fit right when you need it most.
Sponsored