Magician
Vehicle Showcase

Moab

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Jeep Gladiator Overland, ‘17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, ‘73 Porsche 914-6 GT,
I’d still take it to a reputable tire shop/truck shop. Not so much that they “fit” it’s the seating and clamping force that’s important.
I had spline drives on my F150. Pain in the ass with that socket. But it was needed for clearance in the rim hole.
Get a “Pro” eye on it. Be safe!

westernslope

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Runner Sequoia
Occupation
sales
Not sure what you replaced them with, but yes that tapered seat is called a "ball seat", there are other wheels which do not have a ball seat that would require a different nut. Take one of your lug nuts off and show us the face of the wheel at the stud.

If in fact you have the wrong lugs, that is something you will want to address immediately.

Jumping in here late but I've been in the wheel industry for 20 years and currently work for a lug nut manufacturer and this is incorrect. A ball or radius seat is most typically found on European lug bolts for cars like Mercedes. Honda does use a ball seat on a few applications but other than that you won't find ball seat lugs on a car. The other poster was correct when they stated it's a conical 60 degree seat. If you try to put a ball seat lug nut on a conical seat you will lose your wheel. As to the original poster your factory lugs might look odd on a steel wheel but it should still be a conical seat lug. What looks off with most current factory lugs is that they have an extremely large seating area. Still a 60 degree conical seat though.
Sponsored