Sponsored

Brand New 2021 Gladiator Rubicon | Makes loud clicking noise on incline/decline/turns

JeepGladRubi

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 LR Defender, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a brand new, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon I picked up about 3 weeks ago. It has less than 1k miles, never even been off-road yet. Whenever I go to steer on an incline, or decline, it makes loud clicking noises which appear to come from center to front of truck. Please help! I made an appointment with my dealer's service center, but they can't get me in until 7/30. A bit disappointing... especially considering they don't even offer a loaner while this $65k Jeep goes in for service!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Need more information on this...

Your title says on turns but your post says inclines/declines. Which one? Both? Front or back? Near wheels or towards middle of the truck?

It could be anything from a rock stuck in the wheel area (between dust shield and calibers) or it could be a bad ujoint, something isn't torqued properly in the suspension, one of the lugnuts isn't tight enough, etc.

You gotta figure out some info first prior to internet help.

OP
OP
JeepGladRubi

JeepGladRubi

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Need more information on this...

Your title says on turns but your post says inclines/declines. Which one? Both? Front or back? Near wheels or towards middle of the truck?

It could be anything from a rock stuck in the wheel area (between dust shield and calibers) or it could be a bad ujoint, something isn't torqued properly in the suspension, one of the lugnuts isn't tight enough, etc.

You gotta figure out some info first prior to internet help.
Thank you for that... I should have posted more detail from the start. It appears to be coming from the middle to front, but hard to tell. Definitely not a rock.... and only when I steer on incline or decline. Just edited my post.

OP
OP
JeepGladRubi

JeepGladRubi

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that... I should have posted more detail from the start. It appears to be coming from the middle to front, but hard to tell. Definitely not a rock.... and only when I steer on incline or decline. Just edited my post.
Ok.... had a friend drive it and it's definitely coming from the front driver's side.

MaysvilleStig

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
United States Marine Corps
I'm having a similar issue. I tightened the ball joints but that didn't fix it. My issue is only in 4wd.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepGladRubi

JeepGladRubi

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm have a similar issue. I tightened the ball joints but that didn't fix it. My issue is only in 4wd.
Dealer service tightened the ball joints, but indicated they need to be replaced. Apparently, they were incorrectly installed at the factory. On back-order, so waiting to hear back...

MaysvilleStig

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
I just took mine in as well, I'll be sure to share what they find.

MaysvilleStig

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Went and picked up the truck today and the popping/click noise I experienced is gone. Verified myself before I left in a patch of gravel I found. The description on the top is verbatim what I wrote on the night time drop off form.

Jeep Gladiator Brand New 2021 Gladiator Rubicon | Makes loud clicking noise on incline/decline/turns 20210818_201628
Sponsored