First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Whiskey Distiller
New to Jeeps and first post in the forum. After receiving my JT in April, I never imagined I'd be making a trip out to Moab. The moons aligned, and I made the decision to take the family on a 1250 mile drive out here as a last minute trip. I've never done any real off-roading before, but I've spent a lot of time reading the forums and watching YouTube videos. I'm not a confident person, though, so while this research was very helpful, I wasn't about to go pretending like I knew what I was doing.

My family and I did Hurrah Pass, Chicken Corner, Shafer Switchbacks, Potash Road, and Long Canyon on our own (all of which I'd highly recommend for newbies like me). After those easier trails, I went out with a guide who I followed that helped teach me and help me find my lines, etc. I can't recommend Dan Mick Jeep Tours enough. I spent two days with Richard Mick, and he was amazing. With Richard, I did Fins & Things, Hell's Revenge, and Poison Spider. It was intimidating at first, but his expertise was very comforting. No body damage, but I rode the hell out of my skids.

My JT is stock other than the Kenda Klevers (which really don't provide more than an inch of extra clearance). I cannot recommend this hitch skid enough. I abused the hell out of this thing.... seriously. I can't believe it's still holding its shape.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CWBGCHB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Anyways, just sharing my experience. I thought I was going to be content with keeping this stock with the Kendas added, but after this trip I'm thinking about some upgrades. Starting the 1250 mile journey back tomorrow. Cheers!

Jeep Gladiator Breaking in my first Jeep 103A0944-D3A3-4F90-8910-AF8D95C4D9DD.JPG
Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
How do you like the kenda klevers, both
off and on road? I'm looking at these tires, since they are available in 35x10.5. Also, any rubbing anywhere with no lift on your stock Rubi?

Also, sounds like a great trip.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FluffyJesus

FluffyJesus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Whiskey Distiller
Reviews on this forum led me to buy them. They’re fantastic, absolutely love them. They drive great on road with very little road noise. Off road they held their own like champs down at 18 psi. No rubbing at all at full flex.

How do you like the kenda klevers, both
off and on road? I'm looking at these tires, since they are available in 35x10.5. Also, any rubbing anywhere with no lift on your stock Rubi?

Also, sounds like a great trip.

Griff21

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR LE, 1978 CJ5, 2020 JLU Rubicon
I want to see some pictures of that hitch skid... lol

Digger70

First Name
Matt