Sponsored

Buying first year of the JT.

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
I'm not a big fan of buying the first run of a vehicle. But with the JT sharing so much of the JLU I'm telling myself that it's kind of like a second year run.

Does that makes sense or am I just trying to to find away to justify it to myself.
Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm doing the same. LOL.

Also the expensive parts (the motors and trans) have been in other vehicles for several years now so the bugs on those are mostly worked out.

thebeast

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK Rubicon
Completely agree. All of the biggest issues should rear its head by the time the JT is released. The only thing may be the Diesel which sounds like it could be timed to debut on both JL and JT at same time. Everything else is going to be much less of a concern. Longer frame/wheelbase and an attached bed but still the same body and components basically.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Completely agree. All of the biggest issues should rear its head by the time the JT is released. The only thing may be the Diesel which sounds like it could be timed to debut on both JL and JT at same time. Everything else is going to be much less of a concern. Longer frame/wheelbase and an attached bed but still the same body and components basically.
But even the Diesel has been in the Grand Cherokee and 1500 for several years now. So not too worried about that.

thebeast

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK Rubicon
But even the Diesel has been in the Grand Cherokee and 1500 for several years now. So not too worried about that.
True but it's going to be the 3rd gen 3.0 in there with ESS and who knows what other changes. Definitely shouldn't have as many issues as a whole new engine though (hopefully)!

Speaking of really wonder what possible upgrades we will see.

Sponsored

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
True but it's going to be the 3rd gen 3.0 in there with ESS and who knows what other changes. Definitely shouldn't have as many issues as a whole new engine though (hopefully)!

Speaking of really wonder what possible upgrades we will see.
I hope it gets a decent bump in power. Would be nice to see it closer to 300hp and still keep similar TQ.

CrashBurn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150
I'm not a big fan of buying the first run of a vehicle. But with the JT sharing so much of the JLU I'm telling myself that it's kind of like a second year run.

Does that makes sense or am I just trying to to find away to justify it to myself.
If Jeep gives the JT Gladiator a much higher tow rating, it might have less shared with the JL than one might think. Much higher tow rating capacity might mean upgrades to brakes, cooling system (engine + transmission), axles, wheels, and/or tires. But I'm sure we'll know all that by the time the JT is released.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator: