JT First Model Year?

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
How's it going everyone? I have been closely following the JL roll out through forums, social media, and reports and it has been less than stellar. Is anyone concerned about ordering a first model year JT or should they have the issues sorted out by then? Any chance the JL issues compound with two door production starting and they further push the JT back to fix the issues? I really hope not as I was planning to order mine when the order banks open but the issues with the JL (steering locking up, electronic issues, frame rust, etc.) have me questioning whether I should wait or not. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
There are always a few issues with a new model, but I’m hoping that they are worked out through JL development. It’s basically the same vehicle. The diesel might merit an extra year since the 2nd gen hasn’t debuted yet.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.
Not worried here. Other than price...

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
+1 to Billy -- price is the only thing lurking around in my mind/decision...

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Im holding tight and kind of waiting to see if the JL stuff starts improving by the time orders open for the JT. If not and there are other options like the Raptor Ranger and AEV ZR2 on the market, i might just buy one of those for a few years (3-5) and then pick up a JT after once the bugs are worked out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wraith

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Im holding tight and kind of waiting to see if the JL stuff starts improving by the time orders open for the JT. If not and there are other options like the Raptor Ranger and AEV ZR2 on the market, i might just buy one of those for a few years (3-5) and then pick up a JT after once the bugs are worked out.
I've been sort of thinking the same thing to be honest. I want a truck otherwise I would go after a JL but a quick browsing of the JL Wrangler forums shows some interesting results. As with anything people are much less inclined to share their experiences when they've been good, but are much more likely to do so when they've been bad. There is a recent thread for frame rust and questionable welds over there but you sort of need to take it how its presented. There are likely many more out there that are trouble free than problematic at this point but we are still young in the JL's life cycle.

For that reason I was sort of leaning towards something else in the meantime while the kinks get ironed out, or stick with what I have and pay it off here in the next two years. It would be easier for me to wait if I had a Jeep or 4x4 to toy with but the Jeep bug has me jonesing pretty bad for a new one. I will say the ZR2 Bison is pretty enticing if that turns out to actually happen. I'm a big fan of AEV's stuff and loved their ZR2 concept. All I know for certain is it's a great time to be an offroad enthusiast with companies tripping over one another to bring lifestyle vehicles to market.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea I would just hold tight for the 2nd year of the JT as well if I could but my JKUR is a 2013 almost at 70K miles and I want to get out of it before it hits the 100K mark as 5 years has been enough for me. The 1st year JT is a push as is, but if things are not what I expect them to be then I might just have to go with something else for the short term and pick up a JT later.

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
yea thats why i bought the colorado the jt will likely end up being 2 years away for us down here we havent even got the jl yet so waiting just seemed dumb i may aswell have a modern vehicle while i wait but i still have the cj10 & the willys pick up when i need to scratch my jeep itch
Sponsored