Sponsored

Overland model discontinued for 2024 model year???

OP
OP

hpva

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Acadia 2012 GMC Sierra 1954 Chevy BelAir
Occupation
retired
Well I have wanted a Gladiator Overland for 2 years but I am not able to spring for one just yet.By the spring of 2024 I think I would be able to do it.Now that they decided to discontinue the Overland I am Sh-t out of luck so screw Jeep they just lost a customer and I think I won't be the only one.I guess I will go back to Chevy or GMC for my new pickup.The Overland was the perfect choice for people like me that do not want to go off roading but just like the look of the Gladiator.I`m sure people from Jeep monitor the Jeep forums so maybe if enough Overland lovers complain about its removal from the line up they might get the hint. Jeep, this was in my opinion a big mistake.
Sponsored

thejeepster

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Sport MaxTow SG
Occupation
FT Worker
Good news is, it may help our overland's resale value hold up longer!

I was toying with the idea of trading mine in on one of the '23 specials going on now with a closer-to-base model sport.. just auto transmission and tow package..... but current APR deterred me,,, along with the fact I think I'd prob miss the alpine stereo and the cold weather package this winter.. brrr

Old Young Man

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
How does this affect the High Altitude? If I understand it correctly, my 22 is an Overland then the HA package is added on.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Buy a 2023 for like 10k off. If you can swing it in 2024 you can swing it now for 10k off.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
How does this affect the High Altitude? If I understand it correctly, my 22 is an Overland then the HA package is added on.
I haven't seen anything about a High Altitude model for 2023.

If the Overland is gone, which it appears to be, I think it's safe to say the HA is gone too.

Sponsored

flipmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Overland owner and fan as it is also my favorite trim. Sucks to see it go.

I understand they basically equipped some more standard options in the lower trims like the Sport that weren't standard before. I guess that's cool for some of the people who prefer a basic trim. But still isn't everything my overland has now (minus the new 2024 specific features). Overland trim is far from a basic trim. It's mid level for a reason and for some people like myself, better than the perceived "mid level". But I got my Overland for it being an Overland. I didn't settle for it. I preferred it. There literally isn't an option or feature I don't have.

Much rather have my fully loaded Overland than say a Rubicon with cloth seats, plastic fenders etc (current models I'm speaking on).
I thought exactly the same thing, I chose the overland because I would never get any use out of the Rubicon or Mohave off-road goodies since I'm not within in a 1k miles of a desert or a Rock unfortunately. Don't get me wrong I wanted a Rubicon but I had to have a talk with myself and come to grips with what made sense since having a Rubicon that never goes off road is a bigger tragedy than having an Overland that could be upscaled later to include many of the off road bits. But that's why they have different trim levels in the first place so that everyone can find their own best fit. They did seem to take a lot of the overland model components and make them part of the other trim levels like the leather dash and seats and most of the electronics are all standard across trim levels along with the new power seats. Now you will have people with a Rubicon that looks more like a overland and its looked down upon by the Rubicon X buyers. Both are looked down upon by the fully customized crowd.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I actually thought the Mojave would be a short time trim not the Overland, I was replacing my Suburban and going with the Overland, but was concerned about not having the 4.10 rears , and was not needing the really low geared double locker Rubicon, and then dealer told me Mojave was coming out, waited for a 2021 to get full time transfer case and been happy. I’ll never get the mileage a stock Overland will get or as good a ride. Life changes all the time I have wheeled the Mojave and it has turned out to be the right choice, gets much better gas mileage then the Suburban did…Jack

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I actually thought the Mojave would be a short time trim not the Overland, I was replacing my Suburban and going with the Overland, but was concerned about not having the 4.10 rears , and was not needing the really low geared double locker Rubicon, and then dealer told me Mojave was coming out, waited for a 2021 to get full time transfer case and been happy. I’ll never get the mileage a stock Overland will get or as good a ride. Life changes all the time I have wheeled the Mojave and it has turned out to be the right choice, gets much better gas mileage then the Suburban did…Jack
I'm "land locked" in a way. Hours or more from desert, mountains, even sand dunes. No need for lockers, or special shocks or higher ride that would require even more effort to get into as we get older. No need for disconnecting sway bars, none of that....... plus the added expense.
As it turned out, my wife was right. It turned into a daily driver, a highway vehicle used to tow and haul. Well, I DID buy a TRUCK. That was my goal - a smaller truck than I had. We'd had excellent luck with Jeeps so it made more sense than anything else and they are much easier to work on that so many other vehicles.
Any other level would have been wasted equipment and - cost more for equipment that would never get used.
My wife has a Rubicon only because it was the only trim level we could find with the options she wanted and the color she wanted. There really wasn't another choice.
Looking at it is sort of sad in a way -aux switches that will never get touched, lockers that will never ever get engaged, sway bar disconnect totally unused for the whole time we own it. And if we ever trade it in, being Iowa, any Iowan buying it will have the same situation - none of that stuff will ever be used.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I downgraded from a 2006 Silverado 2500HD with the Duramax Diesel, Allison transmission, four door cab, and eight foot bed. I really liked it, but no longer needed that much truck. I read about the new Gladiator and went and test drove it. I wanted it, but had some questions about options. I ended up leaving since the salesman was busy and gave me to one of the younger associates for the test drive. He called me two weeks later and asked what it would take to get me to buy it.

I have now put over 53k miles on it. It was one of the first the dealer received, and came with every option available on the Overland. The only things missing were the block heater, front camera, and tonneau cover.

I believe in buying with every possible option, like it may be the last new vehicle you ever buy. I tried for a '22 Overland with every available option, but the dealer wasn't very cooperative. Now, it looks like this might be the last new truck I'll buy.

Sponsored

cjoanzy

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Manager
Exactly.
Those who want what we now have will pay through the nose - being forced into the more expensive levels with stuff we really don't care about or even want, that will never be used.
Others will have to settle for less than what we now have.

Agree with everything ShadowsPapa has said about Overland.
At my age, I want all the creature comforts.
Especially since mine is a daily driver and rarely goes offroad (rock or dunes).
(End of Sept, will be one year since purchase of my '22, have 28k miles on it)
Put narrow 35s on my stock rims, I prefer pizza cutter tires that cut through snow and rain, not balloon tires that float above.
Have a Mopar Lift still waiting to be installed.
No hurry on that install. (wife is already complaining about stepping up into Glad, and it has running boards)
Added different LED lighting. Other than that, mostly stock.
Doesn't need anything else for my needs. (except a power rear sliding window)
Had a new Ram 1500 5.7 ltr and a Cherokee Trailhawk.
Didn't want two car payments, traded both for the Overland. (0% financing)
Rubicon and Mojave just too much money for options I'll never fully utilize.
Maybe we need to start a Gladiator Forum-Overland Only!

Jeep Gladiator Overland model discontinued for 2024 model year??? Small-Ring-LED-White
Jeep Gladiator Overland model discontinued for 2024 model year??? Cooper-in-Fender

flipmcgee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Love the look of those 35s Did those mess your speedometer up the handling. I have had serious death wobble issues in the past that were thankfully fixed by a new stabilizer so I've been reluctant to mess with the tires or suspension.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
The Overland going away is certainly an odd choice. I special ordered my Sport on purpose, but if I move out of this truck I don't think I will be getting another Gladiator. I don't want to pay Rubicon prices for a plethora of things I probably wont need.

As a next truck (a few years down the road) I am eyeballing a Colorado Z71. It can be had fully loaded to the point of matching my buddies Denali in amenities (and beyond what Jeep offers) for the price of a mid rang Sport S.

I've learned that ultimately - I am more of a sunroof and cooled seats kinda guy :LOL:

cjoanzy

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Manager
Love the look of those 35s Did those mess your speedometer up the handling. I have had serious death wobble issues in the past that were thankfully fixed by a new stabilizer so I've been reluctant to mess with the tires or suspension.
flipmcgee:
Put 35s on my stock rims. Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT 285-75-18. Specs below. Liked these for sidewall strength for towing, lighter weight for better starting, stopping and mileage. And I like the narrow stance. No rubbing any where. Stock fenders and front bumper. Installing the Mopar Lift will only increase my clearances. Dealer had a 25% off deal, came in cheaper than TireRack. Also had Dealer add a module to calibrate the speedometer. Figured, since I have the Dealer fully involved, don't want to hear any push-back on warranty if Trans goes. But you could always get a Tazer and calibrate the speedometer yourself.

Jeep Gladiator Overland model discontinued for 2024 model year??? Cooper285-75-18

antwon412

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JT Mojave
Personally, I think it makes sense. The gladiator is really only great when it’s being used off-road. It doesn’t handle well on the freeway or really entire day driving. It’s loud, noisy, the steering wanders, etc..

If you want a midsize truck and don’t plan on really taking it off road, there are way better options on the market.
Sponsored